Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just Add Ink #115 - A Challenge Notebook

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is a pretty sketch from Mae.  Here is my very literal interpretation, as well as the sketch:-




I find I am regularly jotting down details of challenges on little bits of paper & then drafting designs on other scraps of paper.  I thought I might get myself organised & create a little Challenge Book, to keep all the details together.  (Might negate having some of those last minute entries, lol!)

It is A6 in size (1/4 of a standard sheet).  The pages are simply photocopy paper & I printed the following details on each page before binding:-

  • Challenge Site
  • Challenge Name
  • Due Date
  • Details

I've kept the embellishment on the front very flat & covered both front & back covers with a sheet of acetate for protection.  

Thank you to the very lovely Christine Blain who showed me the baby wipe technique, which I have used on the fussy cut butterfly:-



I have room to draw in the challenge sketches/write in the colour combos, as well as scribble to my heart's content.



Once my notebook is full, I will have a handy little ready reference of sketches & colour combos = bonus!

Thanks for the fun challenge Ladies.

ETA:  Look what the lovely DT at JAI have awarded me with (Thank You!):-



Project Components  (all SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White
Inks:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, Taken with Teal (retired)
Stamps:  Word Play, Creative Elements
Other:  Scoring Tool, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Framelit Dies
Non SU:  Cornelli Embossing Folder, Binding Wires, Acetate