Friday, March 18, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #62 - One Layer Card!!!

Hello & welcome to my favourite night of the week.  It's Inkspirations night & Keesh has an awesome colour challenge for you to work with:-


Aren't these colours yummy?

Last time we had a colour challenge, I had a go at a CAS card, but it just didn't work, so this week I was determined to try again & this is the result:-


Woohoo, I have made a one layer card!!  I started with a sheet of white Bazzill, so at least I had a little texture.  I have added wavy Espresso stitching lines with a clear cling stamp & then added punched flowers, with pearl centres.  I have also added a little heart which has been covered with a bitty button, tied with embroidery floss.  The sentiment has been stamped directly onto the card.

To raise the flowers & the heart, to give some form of dimension, I punched the corresponding shapes from very thin dimensional dots.  This lifts them up off the backing card & leaves a nice neat finish but gives them a good firm grip.


Here's a neat tip when working with skinny stamps - I find they are prone to "rocking" & giving a poor imprint, so when working with a narrow stamp, I add another uninked stamp to the block (use one from the same set so it is the same height).  This will result in a nice flat stamp surface & a clean stamped image.


Make sure you check out the rest of the Design Team's inspiration pieces, & take some time to come & play along:-
 The Challenge Site


Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée






Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa

Card Components:
Cardstock:  Bazzill Linen White, SU Rose Red & Daffodil Delight
Stamps:  SU Sock Monkey (sentiment), Stitching (Old Clear Cling set - sorry, don't know manufacturer)
Inks:  SU Early Espresso
Other:  SU Bitty Buttons & Punch Pack, Dimensional Dots, Kaiser Pearls, Embroidery Floss

12 comments:

Diane Barnes said...

Cute & very clever Helen & a great way to use the challenge colours. Thanks for the clear block tip too.
Inky wishes, Di

Cindy Major said...

Great job with the CAS card! I have a hard time with those as well, but you did good! Love the little flowers and heart!

Cindy

Marisa said...

This is brilliant, Helen! Love this CAS card. Very cute and the heart amidst the flowers is fabulous. Great take on this week's colours.

Alison said...

Fantastic, beautiful card! You actually inspired me to make a CAS for this challenge too. Thank you for the great tip regarding "skinny stamps" - I'm always losing control of my "Aviary" bird cage stand stamp. This tip is good to know! :)

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely card Helen, so CAS and thanks for the great punch and stamping tips, very handy info.

Lynne Armstrong said...

Mmmm...a single layer card...well done Helen :) I'm going to have to try that some day lol This card is really lovely...the wavy, stitched stamping gives the whole card movement but doesn't take away from the overall clean & crisp look. Fantastic tip for the skinny stamps :)
Hugs xx

Suzie said...

Helen I love this card. Simply stunning.Clean and Crisp.
Thanks for the great tip on using skinny stamps on clear blocks...thats brilliant. I will be using that one in my classes.
Suzanne :0)

Paula said...

Love CAS cards, and this one is soooo cute! Love the wavy dotted lines behind the simle punches. Great tip on the use of skinny stamps too Helen. Clever Girl!

kirstyscardnscrap said...

Very simple and very elegant...Love it!
Kirsty

Julie Hoffman said...

This is gorgeous! Love your take on this week's color challenge! Fantastic job! Great tip and pictures for stamping the skinny stamp too!

Sue Bayliss said...

Love the simple and elegant look, the embellishments make it a lovely card

Two Happy Stampers said...

I love your little stamp that looks like doodle stitching...cute!