Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #64 - Autumn Medallion

Hithere, back again for another great Inkspirations Challenge. This week Keesh has set these colours:-


I would have loved to use SU's new French Foliage stamp set to make some Autumn leaves with these colours, but alas, I don't have it (YET!) :)  So I decided to drag out the Medallion stamp & create this:-


Now you may be wondering where the Poppy is, but it is there in the medallion, in between the Mustard & the Cajun.  To get this graduated effect, I inked the entire stamp with the Mustard inkpad, then using the Cajun inkpad, I inked around the edges.  Then I used a sponge, inked with Poppy to soften the area  between the Mustard & the Cajun.  (As I was sponging, I made sure to clean off my sponge before I inked it up again, so I didn't transfer any Mustard or Cajun ink onto the Poppy inkpad.)

To make the "spikey" Cajun ring, I used the scallop circle punch.  I punched my shape & then used a small amount of snail to attach it to a piece of scrap paper.  I then inserted this sheet back into the punch, lining up the inward points of the scallop with the centres of the original scallops.  When you punch it gives a nifty spiked edge.  This idea has been around for quite a while, but if you haven't seen it before, here's how it's done:-


As for the background, when I was rummaging through my ribbon collection I discovered a piece of tulle.  Always keen to experiment, I sponged through this with Mustard ink to get the cool background.  The entire main panel is raised with dimensional adhesive.  Take a look:-


Although this was not the first idea that sprang to mind when I saw these colours, I was really happy with the result.  :)

Make sure you go & check out what the rest of the team have created.  You will be amazed at the range of ideas they have provided with these colours!  Hope you can play along:-
Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Helen Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa ReneƩ
Card Components  (SU unless noted)
Cardstock:  Whisper White (oops, that should have been Vanilla!), More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Stamps:  Medallion, Vintage Labels, Kaiser Prairie Lane (inner circle)
Inks:  More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Poppy Parade
Other:  Scallop Circle Punch, 1.1/2" Circle Punch, Jewellery Tag Punch, White Grommet, Miscellaneous Ribbon, Dimensional adhesive, Tulle