Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dynamic Duos Challenge #1 - Masked Blooms

Ever since I heard about the new Dynamic Duos Challenge site on Bronwyn's blog (DT Member), I've been waiting patiently for the first challenge.  I was very excited to discover that the inaugural challenge requires two of my favourite colours - Pool Party & Lucky Limeade.  Here's a peek:-


I was inspired by my lovely bloggin' buddy, Andrea, to try some masked flowers, after seeing her beautiful tulip card. I wanted to keep the design crisp & clean, with the flowers taking all the attention, so the actual card & sentiment are very simple:-


To create the petals & leaves, I've used a stencil & masks, created with the "wing" section of SU's bird punch & sponged on the colour.

If you would like to play along in the Challenge, or simply check out the wonderful DT inspiration pieces, click on the Dynamic Duos logo:-


Looking forward to next week's colours!  :)

Card Components:  (all SU)
Cardstock:  Whisper White (smooth & textured), Pool Party
Inks:  Pool Party, Lucky Limeade
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Other:  Bird Builder Punch, SAB Brads

23 comments:

Anni said...

The masked flowers are so beautiful, really amazing! I like the brads as a center, too! Lovely creation!
Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin said...

So gorgeous!! Those petals are so soft. Very inspiring card :)

Paula said...

WOW Helen! That is spectacular! I don't know how I missed Andrea's card, but now I have seen both, I want to have a go at this technique too. Simply amazing!

Paige said...

Oh, stunning card Helen! I love the soft look of the stenciling. So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Lisa said...

Helen this is one glorious card...oh my goodness! Your flowers are soft and dreamy. The pop of shine from their centers is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous CAS styling, love the brad centers! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful flowers... Stunningly beautiful card.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

CAS .. yes, but with a big WOW factor. Love the subtle shading and the brads really give the design some pop. It's great to have you joining in on our very first challenge at Dynamic Duos.

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness this is so gorgeous! Love the way the flowers looks so soft!

Zoë said...

Gorgeous card and those flowers are stunning. You could just pick them. Zx

Lesley said...

Lovely card Helen, really very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Smiles,
Lesley

Christine Blain said...

Now that's clever use of your punch! LOVE the softness of the petals, and the depth of colour on the leaves, Helen. Such a sweet card. Those lovely shiny brads look divine against the soft sponged flowers.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Helen!
So glad you found some inspiration from my tulip card ... and this is just simply stunning! Wow! Thanks so much for the link back! Hugs xxx

Jen Timko said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the sponging and your layout is perfect to focus on the flowers! Pinning this one!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow such lovely sponging, so pretty.

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

Great card Helen! I love the colours. The sponging gives a really soft look.

Nikki Spencer said...

WOW & WOW...An absolutely stunning card Helen, so clean and perfect, you are always an inspiration...:0)

Susan Joyce said...

Totally delightful Helen! I just love how you created the flowers and your card is just stunning. Thanks' for joining Dynamic Duos 1st Challenge.

Crraftymama said...

Wow, those flowers do pop! Love how you did that and kept it so simple so that the flowers are the most important piece!

LeAnne said...

WOW, this is stunning! Did you make the flower stencil yourself?? Just beautiful, a winner for sure!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful card! The petals look like pressed flowers.

Kristina said...

Stunning!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Congrats on the DD win! I feel like I can take a little credit!!! (wink) Well done, hunny! Hugs xxx