Sunday, April 25, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio Earth Day Blog Hop


Hi all,

Welcome to the Michelle Perkett Studio Earth Day Blog Hop.  You have arrived here from Therese.  Hope you enjoyed Therese's lovely project.

I chose to recycle a box that my daughter had pulled out from under her bed when she cleaned up her room recently.  :)

Here is a before shot:-


& here is what I have done to it:- 


I had originally planned to paint sections of the box but in a moment of madness I decided I would totally recover it (madness that took several hours!)  Here's what it looked like during deconstruction:-


I put an acetate panel in the lid of the box so you can see inside:-


& now it can house my completed cards while they are waiting to be given out.  I have added tabbed dividers which I will label later on:-


& here is a close up of Michelle's beautiful "Just Breathe" digital stamp image.  She has been printed by laser on watercolour paper & I have coloured her with stamp pad inks & an aquapainter.  I have added pearls, glitter & dazzling diamonds to make her sparkle:-


Hope you like my project. 

Next stop on the tour is the lovely Shelley.

Helen  :)

Box Components
(will add the details at a later date)

17 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow Helen, thats an amazing idea, I definitely want to make one. It turned out gorgeous!!

Lynne Armstrong said...

I love your card box Helen...it was well worth the several hours of madness :) Just Breathe is gorgeous...beautiful colouring and lovely colours. I'm looking forward to seeing your 2nd project here soon!
hugs :)

Fotf said...

I think you've done a great job and i can totally appreciate that it took some doing, (been there and done that as we all have i'm sure).Love the acetate lid and filing system :)

Michelle said...

Oh, Helen! This is gorgeous!! I think I might want one of these! I love the acetate top!! What a beautiful creation and recycled, too!! Thank you so much for a wonderful Earth Day Blog Hop entry, Helen!!:)

Robyn said...

Helen, this just beautiful! I love how you colored the image. You've definately inspired me to make one. Thank you.

Jennifer Scull said...

what a truly fabby box! and I love the altered frame in the above post, too! fun!

Tammy said...

WOW...how creative you are with your box and matching frame!! This is just as beautiful as your frame!!!

ileana said...

What a gorgeous way to store your cards Helen! the acetate top is a great idea, you you can peek the insides :-) love it!!! Hugs

Therese said...

I love the idea of using acetate in the top. TFS

pinkglitterfae said...

what a brilliant idea! How do you come up with such fabulous creations??

Tana said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Helen! And the white board is super fabulous too! Totally love both projects, nice job!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, this is great. What a wonderful way to recycle the box and store your cards. TFS.

grandmalee said...

Another beautiful work of art! Love this project...especially the clear top! If I don't see it, it usually doesn't get used! What a fabulous idea!

Cr8ive ME said...

wonderful project. I love it.

{hugs}
M.E.

trish said...

Helen, this file box is gorgeous and sooo very useful, I think everyone will 'need' one of them. Love also the whiteboard that matches. You have a very creative head.
Hugs,
Trish

Randi WS said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!
Hugs ;)

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful projects, I read both posts!