Thursday, October 30, 2014

FLORAL CASCADE CARDS

Something that has been on my "to do" list for a while is a double cascade card, where you basically have two interlocking angled "z" fold cards.  I used the directions in Sonia's post, but altered the measurements so my base panels are 12" long x 3" at the front & 6" at the rear.  Here is my first card, made in SU blues:-


Here is a view from the top, so you can see the concertina effect:-


They flatten out, but still need a box rather than an envelope to accommodate them, so I made a custom box to match:-


This is what it looks like on opening:-


& here they both are together:-

 
& because these cards are so much fun to make, I made a purple one too:-


Thanks for stopping by!  :)

Card Components
All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock & Ink Colours
BLUE - Lost Lagoon, Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz & Very Vanilla
PURPLE - Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Certainly Celery & Whisper White

12 comments:

Patrice said...

Wow these are just gorgeous Helen. You should do your own tutorial on this card and the matching box, which is just as gorgeous!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I agree with Patrice. LOVE these cards in both colours. Thank you so much for the blue version. It takes pride of place in my craft room.

Sandee said...

Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I would love a tutorial or just even how you made the box

Christine Blain said...

Yet another Helen "wow"!! What beautiful gifts these cards make; no need for bunches of flowers. Just glorious, my friend.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wowsers! These are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Stunning! Xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW your card is such a beauty and Thank you so much for linking to my tutorial !! So kind of you
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

KnutzEls said...

Lovely!!

Alison Portelli said...

OMGOSH!!! Please, please, please do a tutorial on these absolutely beautiful cards and the matching box. I would LOVE to make this for a few special people in my life. You have a very special talent my friend.

Gail Goodman said...

What a beautiful card! A bouquet in a box. I will have to TRY THIS ONE FOR SURE.

Linda said...

stunning cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and such beautiful color combinations too! oh, and love the matching box.....all so gorgeous!

a1983alaskan said...

Stunning!! <3

BeverlyBL said...

So pretty. I love them both. Love the wood grain and the box is a wonderful idea.