Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Paper Players #95 & Freshly Made Sketches #35 - A Double Challenge

This week I thought I might try combining two challenges to create this card:-


Here are the challenge requirements (click on each graphic to take you directly to the Challenge):-


This is a "bon voyage" card for my BIL, a keen cyclist, who is off to Europe to watch the 2012 Tour de France soon.  Hope he likes this cute little bike (sans the basket), which I've used with white embossing powder on the daffodil layer & self-stamped on the poppy card base.

I've added some interest to the baja panel with some scoring, & finished it all off with some white baker's twine & a daffodil button:-


Thank you to the Design Teams from Freshly Made Sketches & The Paper Players for the great challenges!  :)

ETA:  A big thank you to Heidi at the Paper Players for choosing my card as a Cut Above this week.  :)





Card Components:  (SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight
Inks:  Versamark, Poppy Parade
Stamps:  Pedal Presents (Hostess)
Other:  White Baker's Twine, Brights Buttons, White Embossing Powder, Scoring Tool
Non SU:  PTI Sentiment Stamp

17 comments:

Kim S said...

What a creative way to use the three panels on the sketch...I love it!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, Helen! I LOVE the embossed bicycles!

Nance Leedy said...

Fabulous Helen! Love the embossed bikes and the background stamping--great way to incorporate the colors! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Heidi said...

This is so perfectly simple...and I love it! The white embossed bicycles on the Daffodil background are a fabulous touch! I love the simplicity of the one button with the white twine and I think my favorite might just be the beautiful sentiment. This card is all around FANTASTIC!! The clean and simple lines just grab my attention and the layout works perfectly with this color combination. So glad you shared your card with all of us at The Paper Players!

Lynne Armstrong said...

Fantastic interpretation of the sketch and colours Helen. My favourite elements are those embossed bikes and the scored panel....not to mention the cute little button & twine :) The sentiment is perfect for this ...I'm sure your BIL is going to LOVE his bon voyage card.
Hugs xx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is awesome! My hubby would love to join your BIL as he's a big Tour de France fan. Just love those embossed bikes. Must ink up my stamp like that.

Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin said...

Very cool take on the sketch! I love what you've done with the bicycles! I'm sure your BIL will love it!

Jen Timko said...

Totally great! The bikes are so perfect (and no baskets made me laugh). Such great details and still clean and wonderful. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Crisp, clean and fantastic, Helen! Love that bike paper! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love this Helen! I so didn't get that they were bikes until I read your post. Very, very clever - your BIL will love this card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

I love this Helen! My hubby is a keen cyclist, so I may need to CASE this one! I love the embossed bicycles! A great combo of colours.

Christine Blain said...

When I first checked your blog post, I actually thought you'd embossed lemons all over your card (sorry)! Upon closer inspection, I am very impressed. Perfect card for a mad-keen cyclist about to head off to watch the ultimate race. You rocked the colour challenge - it scared me off!

Cindy Hall said...

I love how you used the sketch AND the colors. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

What a fun card .... love your creative take on the sketch and love the bicycle image .... a gorgeous creation!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You are such a star, Helen! Another stunner! Hugs xxx

Helen in the UK said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch - turning it round to let you incorporate the sentiment is brilliant :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love how you turned the sketch! The colors and textures are so perfect together!!!