Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Paper Players #95 & Freshly Made Sketches #35 - A Double Challenge

This week I thought I might try combining two challenges to create this card:-


Here are the challenge requirements (click on each graphic to take you directly to the Challenge):-


This is a "bon voyage" card for my BIL, a keen cyclist, who is off to Europe to watch the 2012 Tour de France soon.  Hope he likes this cute little bike (sans the basket), which I've used with white embossing powder on the daffodil layer & self-stamped on the poppy card base.

I've added some interest to the baja panel with some scoring, & finished it all off with some white baker's twine & a daffodil button:-


Thank you to the Design Teams from Freshly Made Sketches & The Paper Players for the great challenges!  :)

ETA:  A big thank you to Heidi at the Paper Players for choosing my card as a Cut Above this week.  :)





Card Components:  (SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight
Inks:  Versamark, Poppy Parade
Stamps:  Pedal Presents (Hostess)
Other:  White Baker's Twine, Brights Buttons, White Embossing Powder, Scoring Tool
Non SU:  PTI Sentiment Stamp