Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dynamic Duos Challenge #2 - Butterfly Frame

It's the second week of challenges at the new Dynamic Duos site, & the colours are soft & romantic.  Here's my card:-


& here are the Challenge colours (you can click on the graphic to go straight to the challenge):-


First I had the idea of an oval frame, but I found it much easier to get a nice even spacing in a circular shape.  I actually used a nestie die to butt the butterfly bottoms up to, to keep my frame nice & round.  Now I've made up the frame in colour, I would love to try one in all white.  Here's a close up so you can see the dimension of the cute little butterflies:-


I don't seem to have many large sentiments (might have to go shopping, lol), so this cling one from Kaiser had to do.

Please make sure you go & check out the awesome samples from the DT & all the gorgeous entries in the gallery!  

Card Components:  SU except as noted
Cardstock:  Whisper White Textured, Pool Party, So Saffron
Inks:  Pool Party
Other:  Beautiful Wings Sizzlet Die, Basic Jewels - Pearls, Mini Glue Dots
Non SU:  Kaiser sentiment stamp, Circular Nestibility Die (for butterfly placement)