Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Inkspirations Challenge #42 - Toby 'n' Buster


This week's challenge from Keesh is to use the colours Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss & Very Vanilla.  You can play along & check out the DT's inspiration pieces HERE.

Here is my card for the challenge:-


I have combined a few different techniques to create this design but only four inkpads!  I love the variations & depth of shading you can achieve with them.  First the sky was brayered with Not Quite Navy Ink onto glossy cardstock, then I used first & second generation stamping with Kiwi Kiss & SU's Inspired by Nature Set to create the grass along the bank. 

The main image is a digital stamp by Dustin Pike at Doodledragon Studios.  I have printed the image onto watercolour paper & then coloured it with inkpads & aquapainters.  This panel has had the top edge fussy cut & then it has been layered over the background, with thin dimensionals under the animals' heads to lift them off the background.  I have used a very, very light wash of So Saffron ink to shade the bunny (Buster, I presume) with a vanilla colour.  The turtle (must be Toby) has had his shell glazed with Crystal Effects & the water has been highlighted with Dazzling Diamonds. 

I think these little guys are adorable &, as Keesh mentioned in her post, how cheeky is that little turtle face?

Card Components:
Cardstock:  Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla, Watercolour Paper
Stamp Sets:  SU Inspired by Nature & Great Friend, Dustin Pike's digital image "Buster n Toby"
Inks:  Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron
Other:  Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, White Glaze Pen, Clear Glaze Pen, 1.1/2" Circle Punch, 1.3/8" Circle Punch, tiny Butterfly Punch

10 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

SOOO Cute Helen :) LOVE IT! The sparkly water looks fantastic. Another gorgeous creation :)
Hugs xx

Paula said...

Checky it is, but soooo cute. I like your sparkly water too :-)

Melissa said...

those images are so cute, I just love them, Gorgeous!

Lynda said...

Wow, wow, WOW. I love this card. The images are too cute and what you have been able to achieve with the colour combo is magical.

Rachel said...

WOW very cute card. Beautifully coloured.
Rach:)

Christine Blain said...

This is totally adorable, my friend! I love your fussy-cutting, and the way you've created a scene (I meant that in the nicest possible way). Gorgeous card!!

Makeesha Byl said...

STUNNNING Helen! I love everything about this creation, and the glitter really adds that extra POP! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

ileana said...

Hi Helen! this is SOOOO cute!! I love the colors you used on this one. Your coloring on the image is great and I love the glittery water :-) Hugs!

Renée said...

love this scene! Great use of those colours too :)

Cindy Major said...

Your coloring on this is amazing! Love it! :D

Cindy