Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Dynamic Duos #3 & RetroSketches #12 - Just Because

I have been wanting to play along in both the RetroSketches & Dynamic Duos Challenges this week, ever since I saw the DT samples from Arielle & Kim, both who incorporated a bee in their design.

I finally found some time to get creating, so here's my card:-


& here are the Challenge details (click on the graphics to go straight to the Challenge sites):-



The Dynamic Duos challenge has a dessert option of dry embossing, which I have done to the daffodil panel, using a little something I have had in my stash for quite a while, but had not yet used.  I ended up using it in three ways on this card.  Firstly as a "texture mat" to create the dry embossing, secondly as a stencil, to sponge the faux honeycomb onto the white panel & thirdly as a stamp, to add a small versamark circle to the base card, at the bottom left hand corner of the white panel (you can see it a little better in the following photo).  I heat embossed the ink with black embossing powder.


My secret weapon - sequin waste - that I found in a haberdashery store last year, when my daughter was creating a tutu.  The texture in the yellow panel is fabulous, but I had difficulty capturing it in the photo.  I layered up three pieces of the sequin waste & sent it through the Big Shot with two silicone embossing mats, which nicely "squished" the cardstock into the holes.  I then sponged the raised outlines with daffodil ink to add some extra depth.  :)

The bee has been coloured with inkpads, blender pens & markers, & has an extra set of vellum wings which are all sparkly thanks to my spica glitter pen.

Card Components:  (all SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Confetti White
Inks:  Basic Black, Staz On Black, Daffodil Delight, Versamark, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Stamps:  Best Yet (retired), Nature Walk
Other:  Dimensionals, Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Black Embossing Powder, Circle Punch to create "stamp"
Non SU:  Spica Pen, Sequin Waste