Friday, November 12, 2010

Inkspirations Challenge #48 - Snowglobe

Wow, what an exciting week it has been with the launch of the new Inkspirations Challenge site here!

This week Makeesha has set a colour challenge with these great colours:-


Well, these colours just screamed "Christmas" to me, so a Christmas card is what I have made.  :)


This card certainly took off in a whole different direction from where I started & I am really happy with the end result.  I have made a shadow-box style card, which folds flat for posting & is then popped open to create a little 3D scene.  (You can see some of my other shadow-box cards here, here & here).

I wanted to try embossing acetate & I added white gel pen dots to the dimples on the reverse side.  This created a great "falling snow" effect, so the snowglobe idea was born from there.

The snowman is a digital image from Michelle Perkett & he has been printed on watercolour paper & coloured with stamp pad inks & an aquapainter.  He has been fussy cut & popped up on dimensionals.  I die cut the border of the snowglobe & the card opening on my Robo.

Here is a close up of the little fellow:-


I did learn an important lesson from this card - "it's really tricky to photograph acetate with dots on it!"  LOL

Come check out the other Design Team members' projects & play along here:-

Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Helen Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa Renée
Thanks for looking!

Card Components:
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Old Olive, Real Red, Crumb Cake (Kraft) & Watercolour Paper
Stamps:  Digital Snowman by Michelle Perkett, SU Heard from the Heart & Snow Swirled
Inks:  Old Olive, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Kraft White, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie
Other:  Clear Acetate, White Gel Pen, Clear Glaze Pen (Hearts), Spica Black Glitter Pen (Hat Band), Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Cindy Major said...

This card is absolutely fantastic! LOVE, love how you used the polka dot transparency, it looks awesome!! Great dimension, too!

TFS!
Cindy :D

Marisa said...

Totally adorable! Love the "box" card and that snowman image is darling. Great use of the snowflakes and the falling snow around the snowman. Well done :)

Paula said...

How cute is this Snowman image!! Love the 3D look of the shadow box card. You have done an aewsome job of this card, I just love it. great photography too Helen ;-)

Christine Blain said...

Wow!! This is fantastic, Helen! Your fussy-cutting leaves me in awe; as does your creativity. LOVE this!!

Sam said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Helen!

Lynne Armstrong said...

LOVE your cute snowman Helen...he's gorgeous....and the little snowflakes are very clever. How perfect is that sentiment with this image! :)
Hugs xx

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is great, Helen! I really like the falling snow look on the acetate and that image is super cute! Great job this week!

Lee-Anne said...

What great inspiration this week Helen. This is so gorgeous. I love that you embossed the acetate, it looks perfect, such a clever idea. The snowman is just super cute too. This is absolutely wonderful.
Xx

Beedubya said...

This is beyond CUTE! I've never tried embossing acetate...*so* smart! You rocked the challenge!

Hugs,
Brandi

Renée said...

This card is PERFECT! Love the embossed acetate is wonderful!

kirstyscardnscrap said...

Gorgeous Helen! I love everything about it. I love most though how it stands. Gorgeous and clever.
Kirsty xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a sensational card. Love the "falling snow" ... your experiment worked beautifully! Hugs xxaxx