Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Still addINKtive Challenge #1 - Colour & Sketch


Today is very exciting, as the very first challenge is being launched at still addINKtive & this is my DT project:-


Week 1 is a Sketch & Colour Challenge where you can use the sketch OR the colour palette, or use them both together:-


I have created a never ending card.  These are really quite easy to make, they just take a little extra time to put together.  The front panels open outwards to reveal:-


Then the central purple sections flip up & down to reveal:-


& then finally, these panels open outwards to reveal a section that I've left an open area to write on:-


When you flip these panels up & down respectively, you return to the front face.  I've used lots of masking on this card, as well as the gorgeous Illuminate inkpad (from the Holiday mini) to ink up the embossed panels & to stamp on the Perfect Plum squares in the inside section.  It gives a lovely, shimmery sheen!  :)

We hope you can join us at still addINKtive!  You can check out the "still addINKtive team" tab under my header to find the links to all the Design Team Members' blogs.  Bron, Kathy, Debbie, Lisa, Susan & Vicki have some fabulous inspiration pieces to get you motivated.  :)

CARD COMPONENTS
(All Stampin' Up!)
Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum & Naturals White cardstock
Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi & Illuminate inkpads
Everything Eleanor, French Foliage, Artistic Etchings & Fabulous Phrases stamp sets
Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Itty Bitty Banners Framelits (cut twice to shorten), Seam Binding, Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges, Stampamajig
OTHER
Post It Notes for masking

11 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is not only very pretty, but very cleverly put together. Love your choice of stamps and the very creative take on the sketch this week. Thanks so much for coming on board to be a Guest Designer for SA.

Lynne Armstrong said...

Wow Helen, great take on the sketch & colours. I'm going to have to give this never ending card thing a go one of these days...can you come and give me lessons lol
Hugs xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Just gorgeous Helen, especially so IRL! It is sitting pretty on my sideboard and has everyone intrigued...:0)
Thank you so much, l love it and have no excuse not to have a go now l have it to look at. xxx

Susan Joyce said...

Fabulous card Helen, I didn't realise is was a never ending card till I arrived on you blog. Just gorgeous!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Clever use of the sketch / colour combination, Helen. You are going to be a star designer for these challenges. Haven't done a challenge in a couple of months. Hope to find some time soon. Hugs xxx

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

What a gorgeous and fun card Helen. I have tried a never ending card once and it was a total catastrophe and have never bothered again! Yours looks brilliant and I am so impressed! I can't wait to get to know you better, I'm so glad you're a part of our team :)

Debbie Henderson said...

I've wanted to try one of these cards but they looked like so much work! This card is super and I like how you incorporated the challenge. So great to be a DT with you!

Lisa Young said...

Oh my word - this card is amazing! I love how you interpreted the sketch with a never ending card! Pure genius. Helen, I am really honored to be on the still addINKtive DT with you. Love your creativity.

Vicki B. said...

Love your card, Helen, so clever to use it for the sketch!! Love your flowers and embossing!! So happy to be on the DT with you!

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful stamping, and use of colour, Helen. Love your take on the sketch, you clever thing!

Judy May said...

This is such a stunning card, Helen. Love the way you have used the colours and all that masking blows me away!