Sunday, May 13, 2012

Just Add Ink #117 - It's all Yellow!

Well, this week's challenge at Just Add Ink is very YELLOW!!!  As is my card:-


Here are the Challenge colours:-


These "sunshiney" colours suggested a big bunch of cheery blooms to me, so I made a basket full, for my Mum. ♥

I made the double sided basket from a top note die-cut, with a fold slightly in from the edge.  I then embossed it, to give a lovely wicker weave, which was further highlighted by sponging with daffodil ink.  The basket rim & handle were made from the dotted scallop ribbon border punch, which was also sponged & overlaid with grosgrain ribbon.

I wanted to make a doily to place the basket on, so I white embossed the medallion image, which had been stamped on vellum.  Here's a close up:-


To top it off, I added a magnet to the back of the basket, (& sandwiched another one between the layers of the card), so the basket can be removed & displayed on the fridge.


My Mum was very happy with her yellow card.  :)


ETA:  Thank you to the Team at Just Add Ink, who presented me with this:-


Card Components:  All SU (except magnets)
Cardstock:  Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Whisper White
Inks:  Daffodil Delight, So Saffron
Stamps:  Medallion, Woodgrain, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Other:  Blossom Party Die, Top Note Die, Framelits Label Dies (flowers are attached to a die cut), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, Taffeta Ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals, Lattice Embossing Folder, DSP &  Buttons (retired)

18 comments:

Tonya Denton said...

OMGoodness how gorgeous and clever! I absolutely love this multi purpose card/magnet so very much!!! TFS!!

Lynne Armstrong said...

Beautiful Helen...love it. Great idea to have the basket removable, with the magnet, for keeping on the fridge. I'm sure your mum loves it too! The little yellow buttons are cute as flower centres and look like little smiley faces in the photo :)
Big hugs xx

Christine Blain said...

Oh, Helen, this is BEAUTIFUL! What a happy, sunshiney gift for your Mum; very special. I love the little basket you've created (the sponged texture looks fabulous), and the Medallion 'doily' - so sweet. Those crisp white flowers are finished beautifully with the bright yellow buttons. You have hit this colour challenge out of the park!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Wow Helen! This is such a gorgeous card. I love the white flowers with their button centres, your use of medallion on vellum and the basket is so sweet. AND it's a magnet too? JUST BRILLIANT!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Sigh! You've created such a stunning card with removal magnet. This is breathtakingly beautiful, Helen.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a little beauty! Another Helen masterpiece! Am working on my card for this challenge! Was tricky! Hugs xxx

Suzie said...

Helen that is really beautiful !!!!

Karen said...

Wow that is really nice, great idea with the detachable basket

LeAnne said...

This is awesome. I just don't know how you have the patience to make these!!! I think God skipped me when he passed that virtue out! Just beautiful!

Paula said...

I love your idea of displaying the centre piece of the card on your fridge once the card has served it's purpose Helen. Really genius! A hard colour combo, but you have totally nailed it ♥

Patrice said...

OMGosh Helen this is absolutely gorgeous. So bright and cheerful and just downright lovely.

Jo said...

Helen, this is wonderful. I love the embossing you've added to the basket and the flower look so happy & pretty sitting inside. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week.

Diane Barnes said...

Wow Helen, Such a happy card, full of fantastic ideas & so perfect for Mum. I'm just blown away by your creativity. You're really amazing!
Hugs. D

Nikki Spencer said...

Another beautiful Helen creation, l absolutely adore that basket of flowers and the doily is a perfect addition, love every inch of this beauty.xxx

Mae Collins said...

WOW what a beautiful card and lovely basket full of bright sunshiny flowers! Love the basket weave idea and how you have made it a removeable item so it can be displayed on the fridge! Love it! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

Jodene said...

This is stunning Helen! I love everything about this card. Thanks for playing along at JAI again this week :)

Bonnie said...

Wow! I love your yellow basket full of beautiful blooms! You have a lucky Mom!

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

That is just gorgeous Helen!! Congrats on your win. You deserve it, a beautiful card.