Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Just Add Ink #117 - It's all Yellow!

Well, this week's challenge at Just Add Ink is very YELLOW!!!  As is my card:-


Here are the Challenge colours:-


These "sunshiney" colours suggested a big bunch of cheery blooms to me, so I made a basket full, for my Mum. ♥

I made the double sided basket from a top note die-cut, with a fold slightly in from the edge.  I then embossed it, to give a lovely wicker weave, which was further highlighted by sponging with daffodil ink.  The basket rim & handle were made from the dotted scallop ribbon border punch, which was also sponged & overlaid with grosgrain ribbon.

I wanted to make a doily to place the basket on, so I white embossed the medallion image, which had been stamped on vellum.  Here's a close up:-


To top it off, I added a magnet to the back of the basket, (& sandwiched another one between the layers of the card), so the basket can be removed & displayed on the fridge.


My Mum was very happy with her yellow card.  :)


ETA:  Thank you to the Team at Just Add Ink, who presented me with this:-


Card Components:  All SU (except magnets)
Cardstock:  Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Whisper White
Inks:  Daffodil Delight, So Saffron
Stamps:  Medallion, Woodgrain, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Other:  Blossom Party Die, Top Note Die, Framelits Label Dies (flowers are attached to a die cut), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, Taffeta Ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals, Lattice Embossing Folder, DSP &  Buttons (retired)