Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mini Flower Pot Tutorial

Hithere, I have been receiving lots of requests for instructions on the mini flower pot I designed earlier this year (look here for another example in pastel colours):-


This one has been attached to a centre step card (look here for another example of this style):-


I created a tute for these but found I was unable to keep up with emailing out the requests, so, thanks to some great advice & help from the very lovely Paula Dobson (go check out her work - it's amazing!), I am pleased to advise you can grab your own copy from Google Drive (formerly Google Docs).

In return, I ask that you:-

  • give credit back to my original design - if you upload a photo of your pot(s), please add a link back to this post, so that others can grab their own copy of the tute
  • leave me a comment so I know that you have been
  • if you have any constructive criticism, please let me know that too, I'll take it on board for any future tutes I create

Thanks so much for your assistance.  :)

You will find the flower pot instructions HERE & the measurements for the centre step card HERE.

Enjoy your paper gardening!!! 

Helen ♥

Project Components:
All the materials & tools used to create the two samples shown here are from Stampin' Up!

21 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for sharing!

Annette S said...

Helen, thank you so much for sharing your tutorial for the Flower Pot card. I love how you have used one of the flowers to make the leaves.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wooo hooo. We've gone hi-tech. Thanks, Helen.

Paula said...

Helen, that's great!! Well done you ♥

Fiona Harrison said...

That card is just gorgeous. Good on you for the tute.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Helen! This is a great project to share ... You are so generous! Take care hunny! Hugs xxx

utahrose said...

Hi Helen! I have made a similar card, however, being much more simplified, it wasn't as nice. Anyway, I cut a piece of card stock the same color as the base, and created an easel back. It stands up on it's own. I gave it away, so I don't have a picture. Thanks for posting this tutorial! You did an awesome job!

Patrice said...

Helen these are gorgeous creations - love them.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Love these wonderful creations Helen. Thank you for so generously sharing the details and the PDF sheets.

Kellie Jupe said...

These cards are amazing. Thank you for sharing the tutorial.

Nicole Tallman said...

What colors and dap did you use on the blue card?

H2 :) said...

The colours are island indigo, pool party & very vanilla. The print is from SAB last year. The side panels are pool party cardstock stamped with the en francais background in pool party. The leaves are lucky limeade & the pot is crumb cake. :)

Nana said...

Gracias por el tutorial está genial, lo utilizaré para las invitaciones del cumpleaños 80 de mi mamá, Dios bendiga tus manos.

Kristy said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to put together a tutorial. Sharing your creativity is appreciated!

Linda said...

Thanks for the awesome tutorial; I found your lovely card on Pinterest and it is perfect for my friend whose birthday party I am attending on Saturday!

Paper Lady said...

What a lovely card idea Helen. Thanks for being so generous and sharing.

sassyb07 said...

thanks for sharing your work. I've made flower pot cards before but have never put one on a center step card so will have to give it a try

klspeer1 said...

Thank you for sharing! The color choices are just beautiful! I just joined SU, and i hope to teach your design. I believe in pinning from the web site when I can, so that you get credit for the design.

Margarita García said...

Es una tarjeta preciosa, gracias por compartirla. Un saludo

Päivili said...

Thank you for this idea! I have never done flower pot cards, but now I am going to try one (for my mother).

Jo said...

Thanks so much for sharing - look forward to making some of these. I have some quilling flower dies so think I will use these in the flower pot :)