Monday, October 20, 2014

Curvy Keepsake Box Die

I am in love with the Curvy Keepsake Box Die from SU!  It makes an elegant little gift box & is such a perfect size.  

This fortnight the team at CASE-ing the Catty are taking inspiration from boxes & bags in the Holiday Catalogue, so I just had to make a box from the curvy keepsake box die.  :)  I used the red box on page 11 of the Holiday Catty as an inspiration for my project, as I think the print (washi tape) panel looks fabulous with the solid colour box.  I used a print (DSP) panel, then took it a step further by lining the underside of the other panels with crumbcake cardstock for further contrast. 

Here is my project:-


The tag dies that come with the box are really sweet & dainty.  I discovered the oval one was the perfect size for this image from the For the Birds stamp set.  It has been stamped in Versamark, then Black Memento Ink & heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  It's been coloured with Blendabilities markers.  A double espresso baker's twine bow completes the project.

I am on a little holiday at the moment, staying with my crafting bestie, Lynne.  You can see what Lynne created with the Curvy Keepsake Box die here.

You can see all the beautiful design team projects, as well as play along at the challenge here (click on the graphic):-


While I still had the cherry cobbler cardstock out (& Lynne was busy cutting LOTS of Christmas boxes), I decided to make another curvy keepsake box, just a little different from the one above, lol:-





This 3D toadstool was so much fun to create.

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

Project Components
All Stampin' Up!

9 comments:

rachellegge1 said...

How clever! I love the little toadstool - very creative use of the die. TFS.

Becky said...

I love BOTH boxes. Everyone is doing such cute things with that box. Thanks for joining us at CTC!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wowee! Helen, love your Christmas box for CTC and your toadstool is AMAZING! Thanks for playing along :)

Nikki Sadler said...

STUNNING - in fact I shared a photo of your little toadstool amongst my team this morning and they loved it ... I love love love your two coloured Christmas box too - thanks so very much for joining us at CTC

Rachel Palmieri said...

Gorgeous boxes, Helen. On the strength of your mushroom, I have just ordered the Curvy Keepsake Box. Thanks for enabling me!!! A big thank you for sharing your creativity with everyone at CTC too.

mypapercraftjourney.com said...

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful project! I love the toadstool so much that I'm making one for a 5 year old's birthday present. Thanks!

Alison Barclay said...

AMAZING projects!! That toadstool is outstanding!! Thanks for joining us at CTC this week. xx

1000 Manualidades fáciles said...

toadstool-box is very nice. Congratulations !! FElicidades, la cajita seta es muy bonita.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Amazing! I take back what I said about Lynne's box (tomorrow's post) ... I do LOVE her design ... but this mushroom has gotta be the BEST!!! I do love your contrast panel one too! Hugs xxx