Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Magnetic Display Board

Well it's certainly been a while since I was last here, sorry 'bout that (been busy with all kinds of things & then I was sick as well).

Thought I would share this idea with you, which was inspired by a baking sheet noticeboard idea that Bronwyn Eastley had told me about.

I purchased a timber picture frame, removed the glass & asked my hubby to cut some metal sheet the same size as the backing panel.  I taped the sharp edges of the metal & then attached some homespun cotton fabric to the sheet using spray adhesive.  I popped this fabric covered sheet into the frame, followed by the backing board.

Voila, this is the end result:-


It makes a fantastic display board.  Now I just need to get some more pretty magnets, as I have already been back to buy another frame & I've "ordered" another metal sheet.   :)

If you would like to see more work from the ladies who made these cards, please visit Lynne, Christine & Nikki (& the one in the bottom LH corner is a favourite of mine).  :)

7 comments:

Suzie said...

Hi Helen...I love the noticeboard idea...might have to try that one myself for my new craftroom.
I hope you are feeling better and have gotten over your illness.
Are you going to convention this year...hope we can meet
Cheers Suzie

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh wow! This is much better than the cookie tray. What a beautiful addition to your craft room.

Fiona Harrison said...

Hi Helen,

Sorry to hear that you've been sick, hope you're on the mend!
This is a gorgeous idea and much nicer than the plain metal magnetic noticeboards. fab job!
Fi

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! What a fantastic idea! You are so clever, Helen! And ... yay for hubby coming to the party! Hugs xxx

Christine Blain said...

It is FABULOUS, my friend! Thanks for the shout-out :) Hope you're feeling much better now. xx

Lynne Armstrong said...

FANTASTIC idea Helen...will get around to making one of these some day...think it would also be great for Toni to display the kid's things :) Hmm...I feel a mother's day kid's project coming on lol
Hugs xx

Nikki Spencer said...

So glad your feeling better Helen.xxx
After seeing this IRL and how fabulous it is, l'm itching to make one...:0)