Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Magnetic Display Board

Well it's certainly been a while since I was last here, sorry 'bout that (been busy with all kinds of things & then I was sick as well).

Thought I would share this idea with you, which was inspired by a baking sheet noticeboard idea that Bronwyn Eastley had told me about.

I purchased a timber picture frame, removed the glass & asked my hubby to cut some metal sheet the same size as the backing panel.  I taped the sharp edges of the metal & then attached some homespun cotton fabric to the sheet using spray adhesive.  I popped this fabric covered sheet into the frame, followed by the backing board.

Voila, this is the end result:-


It makes a fantastic display board.  Now I just need to get some more pretty magnets, as I have already been back to buy another frame & I've "ordered" another metal sheet.   :)

If you would like to see more work from the ladies who made these cards, please visit Lynne, Christine & Nikki (& the one in the bottom LH corner is a favourite of mine).  :)