Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Paper Players #97 & Just Add Ink #120 - A Sketch & an Inspiration Image

I didn't want to miss out on the great sketch by LeAnne at the Paper Players this week, so I have squeezed in a card, combining the sketch with the inspiration challenge from Just Add Ink.  Here is the resulting card:-



& here are the challenge inspirations (click on each graphic to go directly to the respective challenges):-


I've taken the white panelling & the colours from the box shelving to create my card (which was also inspired by Nikki's awesome gumboot card!)

The umbrella was made from a circle die-cut, which had the edge cut with the frilly scallop from the edgelit dies.  I made the handle using a standard hole punch for the inner curve, the oval punch for the outer curve & I just trimmed the sides so they were straight, rounding the ends.  This has been added to a metallic silver rod.  I added the frame/rib lines to the umbrella using my scoring stylus, a mouse mat & the edge of both a round & oval metal die.  It has also been sponged & shaded with a blender pen & ink.  The flowers were made from the boho blossom punch & the itty bitty flower punch.



I had lots of fun making this one & was rapt with how it turned out.

ETA:  A big thank you to LeAnne for picking my card as one of her "Cut Above" choices this week:-


ETA:  A big thank you to Jo too, for picking my card this week:-


Card Components:  (all SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Shimmer White, Pale Plum, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party,Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake & Metallic Silver
DSP:  Brights Patterns Stack
Stamps:  Woodgrain
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake
Other:  Edgelit Dies, Oval Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Itty Bitty Punches, Stripes Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Basic Jewels, Blender Pen
Non SU:  Round Die, Standard Hole Punch, MFT Flourish Die, PTI sentiment stamp

19 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, Helen, this is just fabulous! Your attention to details is spectacular! This parasol full of flowers is a work of art! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week!

Paula said...

Oh my Goodness Helen - this is awesome!! Have repinned it to my board so I can CASE later. What a lovely idea for a Get Well card.

Sandy said...

Very cute, really stunning colors. Love the flowers. Sandy :)

Ann Schach said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Helen! So unique and creative! I love the flowers and the texture! A perfect card!

Mae Collins said...

WOW what a fab card and thanks so much for explaining how you did your umbrella, very clever and I love the textures. Thanks for joining in with this week's Just Add Ink challenge and being the first 'cab off the rank' so to speak!

Kim S said...

Oh what a sweet idea!!

Lynne Armstrong said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Helen...love how you've done the umbrella, it's soooo clever :) The colours are lovely together.
Hugs xx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog as it reminded me that I had to come back and comment on this absolutely gorgeous card of yours! I love the explanation of how you did the umbrella but the combination of the two punches for the flowers is awesome! It's pinned :)

Vicki Fraser independent STAMPIN' UP demonstrator said...

Wow, I love that umbrella, and you did a great job on the flowers too, they are just the right size :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is an amazing card Helen. Your umbrella is the best!Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Christine Blain said...

Oh WOW, Helen - this is GORGEOUS!! Such sweet little flowers, and brilliantly created umbrella. You are altogether too creative!

Patrice said...

Helen this is one totally gorgeous card. You've done a fabulous job of making that brolly without a die - genius. Love it. Hope you don't mind if I CASE sometime in the near future :)

So glad you could join the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... this is pretty, love the bitty flowers!!!

Nikki Spencer said...

This is just so clever and ever so pretty Helen, l do enjoy your "How too" posts!
Popped this one into my case file, but l get the feeling they will be popping up everywhere in the near future..:0)
Thanks for playing at JAI.

Inspired Expressions said...

Oh great minds think alike, I hadn't clicked on your photo until just now and can see your CUTE little umbrella... that is adorable!!! the little flowers are very sweet - love it.

Tonya Denton said...

WOW! This card is just incredible! How clever and beautifully done!! Your card is AWESOME! :)

Jo said...

Wow Helen, this is looks amazing. I can't believe you made that umbrella out of a circle die. The flowers look gorgeous peeking out of the top too. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week.

Patti said...

Stunning. Love all those beautiful little flowers in the umbrella. Very creative.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Congrats on the 2 wins! I knew as soon as I saw this one ... that it would be a winner! You have an amazingly creative brain, Helen! Hugs xxx