Monday, February 6, 2012

Pike's Playground Challenge - Coloured Clown

There's a sketch challenge over at Pike's Playground & here's my entry:-


& here's the sketch:-


I have lots of Dustin's awesome images, & this one was already printed, crying out to be coloured.  I've used Prismacolor pencils with gamsol to blend, then he's been fussy cut & popped up on dimensionals.  His balloons & nose have been coated with Crystal Effects & his buttons & toe-caps have been clear glazed.

Funny thing is, the neon pink balloon was a dark magenta colour before it was "affected" by Crystal Effects???!!!

Card Components
Cardstock:  Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight (both SU)
Papers:  Kaiser 6x6 pads
Stamps:  Digital Clown by Dustin Pike, SU Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Other:  Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, SU Scallop Border Punch, Crystal Effects, Clear Glaze Pen, SU Decorative Label Punch (trimmed straight), Dimensionals

9 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I see you're back home playing with your prismas. Amazing colouring! Nice to spend time with you on your stay in Tassie.

CraftyGirl said...

Thanks for joining in the fun at "Pike's Playground". Hope to see you again real soon.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl

Kim S said...

He's beautifully colored! I've never quite managed the gamsol thing.

Gramma said...

Super cute! I found out the hard way that glossy accents make copic markers run.... This image is perfect! Thanks for playing along at Doodle Dragon Studio.
Hugz,
Gramma

Boxofcolours said...

Oh he's cute, thanks for playing along at Pike's Playground.
Hugs
Jane

Lynne Armstrong said...

I'm glad I got to see him IRL Helen. Beautiful DP and pink balloon LOL He's a stunner!
Big hugs xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a fun card, Helen ... and I was so excited to see your Prismas take centre stage! Great inspiration! Hugs xxx

Laura said...

very cute!

Diane Barnes said...

Really gorgeous colouring Helen & v cute. I think the neon pink balloon still works after the CE.