Friday, March 16, 2012

Retrosketches #2 - Fresh Vintage in Blue

Just thought I might squeeze in another entry at Retrosketches, seeing as I had so much fun with the first card.    (You can check out the DT's inspiration pieces & all the other entries here.)  Here's my second card:-


& here's another look at the sketch:-


I've stuck to the orientation of the sketch this time, letting the sentiment shine in the top panel.  The underneath panel has been stamped all over with the floral image from SU's Fresh Vintage set.  It kind of reminds me of my Grandmother's china.  :)

Thanks to the Team at Retrosketches for the awesome sketch!

Card Components  All SU
Cardstock:  Night of Navy, Marina Mist
Stamps:  Word Play, Fresh Vintage
Inks:  Night of Navy
Other:  Marina Mist Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Helen. Love Night of Navy paired with Marina Mist - I haven't used those two together before. I agree that the stamped pattern is reminiscent of china; lovely and nostalgic!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a versatile sketch. I've hardly used my Fresh Vintage Stamps and you've created a gorgeous background with the flower image. Thanks for the inspiration.

Diane Barnes said...

I've been thinking of trying a background like this & it's just perfect here. Very fresh & elegant Helen.

Fiona Harrison said...

That background is gorgeous. Fab use of that stamp. That set is winging it's way from the US, can't wait to use it.

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Helen, this card is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Not just retro ... but really elegant, too! Hi Helen ... hope you are well! Hugs xxx

Fiona Harrison said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Helen. I must admit, I can't wait to see my Niece (she lives in Russia) and see Europe together. Will be fab (plus I'm taking her to Disneyland Paris, figure you're never too old for Disneyland).
Fi x