Monday, February 27, 2012

Colour Q Challenge 125 - Punch Owl Bookmark

As soon as I saw this week's challenge at Colour Q, I knew what I wanted to make:-


A little owl bookmark made from punches!

Here are the colours/inspiration photo:-



I saw some cute owl bookmarks made from felt (here) & thought it would translate well into a paper version.

Here's a close-up:-


He sits inside my diary, & his flower folds over the top:-


Thanks to the Team at Colour Q for the fun challenge!  :)

Project Components
Cardstock:  Going Gray, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, I substituted Pumpkin Pie for Dusty Durango
DSP:  Retired Baja Breeze print
Inks:   Going Gray, Baja Breeze
Other:  Lucky Limeade Organza Ribbon, White Brad, Various Punches
Non SU:  White Glaze Pen

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute, and such a practical craft project, yet different with the flower attached with ribbon. I lOVE it!

Sylvia said...

Helen, I must say this is the cutest owl punch book mark and the flower is over the top! Great idea and lovely use of the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Helen, this is just the cutest thing! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Tracey McNeely said...

That little owl is so cute. Great card.

Trina said...

This is adorable!

Christine Blain said...

Now, this is just TOO cute, my friend!! That gorgeous little chubby owl made me laugh out loud - I love him! How sweet that he's holding on to the ribbon, with that gorgeous flower at the top. This is an adorable project, Helen.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I'd love to be a 'fly on the walls of your brain' - this is too cute. What a fantastic paper owl bookmark!

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

This is just divine Helen! love it....in the CASE file for sure. xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Now this is sooooo stinkin' cute ... that I am just going to have to pop it into my to CASE file! Hugs xxx

Lynne Armstrong said...

Mr Owlie is VERY, VERY cute...love him Helen:) A bookmark AND a cute owl, all in one...what more could anyone want lol
Hugs xx

Diane Barnes said...

Awww he's just tooooo cute & i'm sure he makes you smile when you open your diary. Love him!