Sunday, February 26, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #23 - Die Cut Blooms

 
This week, Tui & the Team at Freshly Made Sketches have an asymmetrical sketch that, frankly, I found VERY challenging!


Recently I got to spend the day with two lovely ladies, Bronwyn & Lynne, in Bron's craft room, in amongst her wonderful stash.  I die-cut some pretty leafy, flourishes & have used one on my card:-


Please excuse the poor night time photo, I need to redo it in daylight!

I've made a tall 4" x 8" card to accommodate the flourish panel, adding some interest to the white panels by using textured cardstock & embossing the small squares.

Well, here's the daylight photo from my second attempt today.  It's was overcast this morning & then pouring with rain, so this morning's shots were no better than last night's.  Luckily this afternoon, it is a bit clearer & I have been able to shoot inside at my usual spot near a window:-


At least it is better than this "action" one, which is what most of this morning's shots looked like, seeing as there was quite a bit of breeze outside, even under the front porch:-


I'm still not too sure about this card, but it's done now.  :)

Card Components:  SU except as noted
Cardstock:  Textured Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Lucky Limeade
Stamp Set:  Occasional Quotes (retired)
Ink:  Regal Rose (2nd generation)
Other: Blossom Party Die, Glitter Brads
Non SU:  Embossing Folder, Marianne Creatables Flourish Die, 3/4" Square Punch

12 comments:

Kim S said...

Lovely use of the sketch! I really like it taller...and the embossed squares are such a simple touch but add so much!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the clean look of this with the sweet pink flowers!

Christine Blain said...

Those Pink Pirouette flowers are very sweet, Helen - and I love the glimmery centres. Your card is lovely; so crisp and clean. I laughed at your 'action' shot, as this happens to me ALL the time when I try to photograph my cards outside!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I think you need a tent for your photos!! I remember the days when many of my cards collapsed in the wind outside. On a more serious note - this card is just perfect for that tricky sketch. I love that you have made use of the flourish die and coincidentally, I'm about to go and make a card with a daisy ;)

Jen Timko said...

This is so pretty! I love the flowers. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is fantastic Helen! Why can't I make 'CAS' look classy??? Hugs xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Meant to say ... you shouldn't be so hard on yourself ... I absolutely LOVE this card. It is so pretty ... and like Kim ... I like the sketch a little longer! Hugs xxx

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... fabulous card ... the tall design really works for these stunning flowers ... love the white, love the colour!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

landerson213 said...

I love this card! It's so elegant. :)

My Creative Side said...

Love the tall card! Such a wonderful clean and simple card, with a touch of embossing! beautiful!

Lynne Armstrong said...

The flowers really pop on the white background Helen. Love the colours...and it looks FAB with the panel to one side lol Great action photo :)
Hugs xx

Diane Barnes said...

That s a tricky sketch & I think you've really made it work. Love the flowers & clean & simple lines. Very pretty.