Sunday, April 17, 2011

Playground Party Animals & A Colour Throwdown

I have a lovely collection of Dustin Pike's awesome digital images & decided to put some to good use making a Never Ending card.  This was such fun to make (& to play with).  You essentially have four "card fronts" to cycle through.  Here is my version:-
 





There are lots of tutorials available for this type of card, mostly for 6" square cards.  I adjusted the measurements to make a 5.1/2" square card.

I have combined two challenges that I haven't entered before to create this card:-



Love those party animals!  :)

Card Components:
Cardstock:  SU Taken with Teal, Pear Pizzazz (close to Celery), Express-It White
DSP:   Mostly SU (some retired), teal & celery grungy spot pattern from Kaiser
Stamps:  All Dustin Pike digital stamps (Zoo Collection, Freebies & Miscellaneous)
Other:  Copic Markers, White Glaze Pen

12 comments:

Gramma said...

Wow...wow...wow! I've made these cards before, but this one is over the top awesome!! Great job all around. Love it!
Hugz,
Gramma

Jennifer Dove said...

great use of images Absolutely perfect! Thank you for joining our challenge at the Playground!

Boxofcolours said...

My you have been busy - thanks for joining us in the playground ~ Jane

Ri Holley said...

This card is AMAZING!!!
Ri

CraftyGirl said...

Great job on the never ending card. Love the colors and images you used.
Don’t forget to visit me over at Craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Lynne Armstrong said...

WOW, WOW, WOW Helen...this is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I'm sure Ben loved it. What a fantastic birthday card :) Great job with the Copic colouring...maybe you need to start collecting your own lol?? Addicted yet??
BIG Hugs xx

Christine Blain said...

It looks like you had a heap of fun making this one, Helen! Belated happy birthday to that young man of yours ... hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Denni said...

I really like the colors you used and of course all the adorable Dustin digi's! Super GREAT card!! :D

Ginny said...

love it, thanks for joining us at DDS :)

luvmy2girls said...

GREAT card! It is really amazing! =)

Suzie said...

OMG!!!!! that card is just fantasic..Love the animals and the colouring. A Great Creation Helen - wonderful balance Suzie :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Helen!
I have made this "neverending card" once ... but it was much smaller ... and so quite fiddly to make. This is fabbo ... do you have a tutorial site for this size?
Sorry haven't popped by recently ... but (as you probably know) my dad had a heart attack 2 weeks ago ... it is school holidays ... my son turned 13 yesterday ... and my eldest daughter is in labour as I type! I am excited about my 1st grandchild ... but it is a long hard labour and I am a bit distracted.
Hugs xxaxx