Friday, November 19, 2010

Inkspirations Challenge #49 - Pink Roses

Welcome to this week's challenge for Makeesha's Inkspirations.   Come & play along, check out the DT pieces & challenge entries at the new challenge site which you can find HERE.

This week's challenge is based on the following sketch:-


& here is my card:-


The stamp I pulled out of my stash is a real oldie (from Personal Stamp Exchange/PSX), one of my early purchases "back in the day" as my 19YO son would say.  Back in the day, when he was at kindergarten!

I have stamped this beautiful rose on watercolour paper with archival ink & then watercoloured it with four shades of pink stamp pad inks & Old Olive for the leaves & stems.  I have glazed the greenery to make it look glossy & added a hint of clear glitter to the edges of some of the rose petals.  Here is a close up:-


Instead of using a horizontal strip of DSP on this card I tried something different with the ribbon by tying the knot & then taking both bands of the ribbon back under the rose panel.  This made the knot & tails sit out nicely on the left.  The matted rose panel has been popped up on dimensionals.

Make sure you visit all the other DT members & leave them some comment love!  :)

Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Helen Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa Renée
Card Components
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Watercolour Paper
DSP:  Old Olive Patterns (retired)
Stamps:  PSX Hybrid Rose, SU Teeny Tiny Tags
Inks:  Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive
Other:  CM Cutting Patterns (Oval), Clear Glaze Pen, Spica Glitter Pen, Black Brads, Mini Jewellery Punch, Black Satin Ribbon

* * * * * * * * * *
Congratulations to last week's colour challenge Winner Andrea Ewen & Honourable Mention Kerry Steger!

There was lots of lots of eye candy last week, both Christmas themed & not.  I needed a card this morning, so I made one up with those challenge colours.  The crumb cake is there as sponging on the distressed edges of the ledger paper.  Makes it look nice & grubby!  :)


Card Components
Cardstock:  Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White
DSP:  Ledger Paper from 6x6 Hostess Pack (Pear)
Stamps:  PTI Everyday Button Bits (Cherry Stems), SU A Word For You
Inks:  Real Red, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Other:  CM Cutting Patterns (Circles), Clear Glaze Pen, Buttons, Dimensionals, Real Red Spot Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Library Clip, Spiral Punch

9 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

Love these colours Helen :) And the stamp is gorgeous (and coloured beautifully too) even if it is an oldie!
Hugs xx

Cindy Major said...

How cute is this?!? Love the colors, the notebook paper, and the sentiment - just perfect to complete the card!

Marisa said...

Your roses are fabulously coloured and I love the "out of the box" or should I say out of the oval technique you used for them! Great take on this week' sketch!

kirstyscardnscrap said...

WoW!!! Such attention to detail. I love what you have done with the rose image. A very clever placement for the sentiment too!
Kirsty

Lee-Anne said...

How lovely to see a PSX stamp Helen, they were so beautiful. The roses are just beautiful, you have coloured them in so well. Gorgeous papers for the background too, so very lovely!!

Fiona Harrison said...

As soon as I saw this card on the Inkspirations blog I thought 'Wowsers, what an amazing card'. Fantastic job, it is just beautiful,
Fi x

Carrie Gaskin said...

Beautiful colouring - this is just lovely. And, I love the black ribbon, just makes everything pop!

Christine Blain said...

WOW!! Helen, you make such beautiful cards. I LOOOOOVE your beautiful roses, and the way you've cut around them (you did do that by hand, didn't you?). Such a lovely card. Your second card is adorable, and incorporates a few of my favourite things. Love them both, my friend. You're just too clever!

Sam said...

Such a cute little card Helen. I love the button cherries...makes me feel like cherries right now :-).

Best wishes,
Sam.