Friday, November 5, 2010

Who Would Have Thought?......

I have been a long time admirer of the incredibly talented Makeesha Byl & her beautiful work, her awesome Inkspirations Challenges & her amazing Design Team. Earlier this year I even started blogging, just to get the chance to play along in the Inkspirations Challenges.

So who would have thought that one day I would become a member of Keesh's Design Team??? Pinch me - I think I'm dreaming!!!

Thank you Keesh for such a wonderful opportunity - I hope I can inspire others as you have inspired me.

A big thank you also to Design Team members Renee, Cindy & Kirsty, as well as past members Sarah-Jane, Chantelle, Teneale & Karen for your inspiration & encouragement. A big shout out to my fellow "new girls" on the team - Brandi, Carrie, Ilina, Lee-Anne & Marisa - woohoo!

Keesh has lots planned, including a new Challenge only site here.

So here is my very first Design Team project, based on this week's Inkspirations Sketch #47:-


This card was inspired by one of Keesh's favourite colour combos of pink & orange.  I really like the fresh & zingy look of Peach Parfait & Regal Rose together, teamed with lots of white.

I have used two sizes of the "teardrop" stamps from the SU Playful Pieces Hostess Set.  Each petal has been rock 'n' rolled in the Peach & then the Rose inks & individually cut out & then layered together to create the bloom.  A pearl centre completes the flower.

Come & check out all the other DT member's creations & join in the fun!

The new Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa Renée

Card Components:

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Regal Rose, Peach Parfait
DSP:  Peach Stripes from 6x6 Hostess Pack, Flowers from Sweet Always (retired)
Stamp Sets:  Playful Pieces, A Word For You
Inks:  Regal Rose, Peach Parfait
Other:  Kaiser Pearls, Dimensionals, Peach Parfait Ribbon, Scallop Edge Border Punch

11 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Well, my friend, I cannot quite believe you kept THIS secret!! Congratulations - well-deserved, and I am sure you will have a ball with it. What a wonderful team to be a part of. I LOVE your rock & rolled petals; they look beautiful. Sweet, sweet card, Helen.

Lynne Armstrong said...

Congratulations Helen...how lucky is this team to have you on it, my very clever friend :) As Christine said - well deserved and you will have a ball with it! Your card is gorgeous.
Big hugs xx

Renée said...

welcome to the Inkspirations team, Helen! Love your card and those colours are fab!

Beedubya said...

Well, you certainly came out of the gate a-runnin'!!! This is gorgeous! I love the flower and the colours are beautiful together. I'm really excited to be on the DT with you!

Hugs,
Brandi

Carrie Gaskin said...

I too and super excited to be part of the DT! Yeah us! This card is so soft and pretty. You've hit it out of the park with this!

Marisa said...

I love flowers so this card is singing to me :) Great use of the colours and love the use of the pearls. Looking forward to working along side you for the next six months :)

Paula said...

WOW HELEN - GO YOU!! Congratualations on your Design Team Pick. How exciting! Love all your designs, so not surprised at all.

Love your first DT entry. Great technique and beautiiful card.

Genelle Little said...

Congrats on the DT position Helen, I always enjoy looking at your beautiful work! Very pretty card for this week's challenge as well :)

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Helen. I love your take on the sketch this week, so soft and elegant. Those colours work so well together and all the little pearls are such a beautiful touch. Very pretty!!
Xox

Makeesha Byl said...

BEAUTIFUL colours Helen.... you know me so well...LOL! Love the pastely soft look of your creation it is soothing, and beautiful. Thanks so much for your inspiration this week! Love Keesh x

kirstyscardnscrap said...

Beautiful Helen! You have worked your colours very nicely! Welcome to Inkspirations and I look forward to working with you!
Kirsty