Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Bendy Fold Card for SUO#119 & TPP#238

The current challenge at SU-Only calls for Fun Fold projects, & The Paper Players have an awesome Tic Tac Toe challenge from Claire, so I combined the two to create this card:-


A Bendy Fold card is something that has been on my crafting bucket list for a while, so it was the perfect opportunity to try one out!  I have used the left column of the tic tac toe grid & used a combination of "any shade of yellow, flowers & die-cuts".

The idea for the fence was born as I was taking the Bouquet Bigz die out of the cellophane bag.  The first thing I focused on was the row of nice straight, pointy top "pickets" (which you would normally make into a dahlia type flower - like the large pool party ones on the cover of the Occasions catty).  Adding a hedge, letter box & a blossom laden tree bough, with a little hanging sign on the fence makes for a fun card for a new home owner.

Here is a shot from above, so you can see how the hedge & fence curve around then slot back into the fence & card base, respectively:-


To construct the card I used this tutorial by Emma Fewkes as my starting point (you need to go to the post, then look at her sidebar), tweaking the measurements a little to suit my concept.

You can play along with these challenges, peruse the galleries & check out the awesome Design Teams' inspiration pieces by clicking on the graphics below:-

http://suochallenges.com/?p=4499


Thanks for stopping by!  :)

Card Components
Itty Bitty Banners, Bouquet Bigz & Flower Frenzy Dies
What's Up, Itty Bitty (circle & blossom - retired), Word Window & Scallop Border punches
Envelope Punch Board (corner rounding punch)
Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Garden Green & Basic Black cardstock
 Something to Say stamp set, Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad
White Baker's Twine, Basic Buttons (retired), Pearls, Black Marker

10 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

This is so cute!! I almost created a Bendi Fold for my card- great job and I love your scene :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

Claire Broadwater said...

Helen, this is so creative and fun! I have never made a bendy fold card, but you have inspired me to give it a try! A beautiful Spring scene that is perfect for my BINGO challenge at The Paper Players! XX

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Awesome! A bendy card is on my list of fun folds. Love your creativity.

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness, Helen, leave it to you to create something that just leaves me with my mouth agape! This is fabulous! Such a fun idea and beautifully executed! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week! Love it!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh Helen--you are the master of fun folds and 3D elements! This is wonderful. I love the little scene you've created especially with the branch and mailbox. Just fabulous and I'm so glad you shared it with us at The Paper Players! Hope you are well...((hugs))

Karren said...

This is so clever and so very, very pretty! Wonderful scene! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

Julia said...

What a totally gorgeous card, and the bendy fold is just perfect for this fun folds challenge!! And you've tempted me to try one for myself too!! So glad you joined in our challenge at SUO this week!

Connie Babbert said...

SOOO darling! That Bendy fold has been on my list to do for a while, too! Love the little scene you created. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Karen Barber said...

Okay, now that's about as creative as a fold gets, this card is AWESOME!!!! I love the scenery, the color combo and your fold is the BOMB!!! Thanks for playing along!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Have so many beautiful Bendi fold cards but yours has such a simple elegance to it it takes my breath away...such a beauty it is!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects