Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Paper Players 200th Challenge - A One Layer Watercolour

Well, I couldn't let this week go by without joining in the celebrations at The Paper Players!  It is their milestone 200th Challenge & each member of the Design Team has chosen a favourite past challenge.  I chose to use both Ann's single layer & Jaydee's CAS with watercolouring to create this little notecard:-


Here are the challenge banners:-



I think one layer cards are the hardest to create, so I challenged myself to work with a single layer of watercolour paper, adding some texture by dry embossing lines on my card front.  I left a section unembossed for the sentiment.  I love the range of colour you can achieve with watercolouring, as opposed to other mediums, & used black, basic grey & smoky slate, as well as new SU colours hello honey & tangelo twist to colour the butterfly.

A big thank you to the Design Team for their fabulous challenges & inspiration each & every week.  It was a huge honour to be able to work alongside you as a Guest Designer for a while! ♥

Ann, Anne Marie, Jaydee, LeAnne, Nance & Sandy - Ladies you are AWESOME!!!!  :)

Project Supplies
All Stampin' Up!

ETA
Jaydee liked what I did with this challenge, & awarded me this:-

 
Thanks Jaydee!  :)

1 comment:

Jaydee said...

Helen, I love the fact that you combined the one layer challenge with the watercolor challenge. Your card is gorgeous. All that wonderful white space makes me happy. Perfect CAS Card.
Thank you so much for your kind words..... we really appreciate it

So glad you were able to join us for the Paper Players 200th challenge.
Hugs
Jaydee