Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Paper Players #201 & Just Add Ink #219

This week I have used both Nance's sketch from The Paper Players & Trish's inspiration challenge from Just Add Ink to create this card:-


Here are the challenges (just click on the picture to go direct to each challenge):-

http://www.thepaperplayers.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/paper-players-challenge-201-sketch-from.html

http://www.just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/just-add-ink-219-just-add-inspiration.html

It's a great layout & I love the navy, yellow, grey & white palette, & especially those navy & white stripes!

I've used some new SU goodies including Hello Honey cardstock (paired with Night of Navy), a Project Life by SU photopolymer stamp to create the dotty stripes, the large rotary stamp to create the "ransom note" style sentiment, the cute itty bitty heart punch & some new Moonlight DSP. 

The tee shirt was created by using the new baby onesie die.  I stamped & layered two stripey ones to create the raglan sleeve seams.  Then I enlarged the neck opening by using a 1/2" circle punch.  I trimmed a strip from the bottom of each sleeve, then layered the white onesies onto a navy layer to create the neck & arm trims.  Then I cut off the bottom of the onesies to create a straight edge for the bottom of the tee shirt.  The whole lot has been popped up on dimensionals.

The sentiment strips were attached with glue dots to create a little bit of height off the background DSP.

Thanks for looking!  :)

Card Components
All SU
As listed above, plus Basic Grey ink, Pennant Punch, Dimensionals
& Whisper White Cardstock

ETA
Sandy liked what I did with the sketch, & awarded me this:-


Thanks Sandy!  :)

8 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Well, I'll be - the onesie die, hey? Genius, my friend. This is a very cute card, Helen. Glad you could join us at Just Add Ink this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

Now that is clever! Loving that cute sentiment and your dotty stripes! Lovely to have you join us at Just Add Ink. Hug's..xxx

KimB said...

What a clever adaption of the onesie die Helen. Love all the thought and little details you added in. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

inkeverywhere said...

I love your sentiment. Its a great card for a special person. Chantell JAI

Susan Wong said...

Haha, very wit-tee. Thanks for sharing your cool card with us at Just Add Ink.

Nance Leedy said...

Wicked clever use of the onesie die, Helen! Love these colors and the geometric patterns. Great take on both challenges. I am delighted you liked my sketch and joined us at The Paper Players! ((hugs))

stampwithsandy said...

What brilliant use of new products! Love how you made the t-shirt, and the sentiment is adorable! You've inspired me to pull out that rotary stamp and use it. It wasn't cooperating the first time I tried! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Helen!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Such a clever spin on the onsie die! Must bookmark this idea! Great colours, Helen! Hugs xxx