Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #124 - Snow Much Fun!

This week's theme from Ann over at The Paper Players was so much fun, I just had to make:-


Here it is:-


Recently I have been making little treats with SU's long, skinny cellophane bags, & thought they would look kinda cute with snowmen on top.  Here is my little trio up close & personal:-

(you can click on the photos to view them larger)

I used the smallest Holiday Ornament die to make the snowmen, trimming off the hanger section & the point at the bottom.  I used a bunch of punches to add their bits & pieces (see below) & trimmed some branches from a tree die-cut (courtesy of the lovely Bronwyn Eastley *waving madly to you Bron*) to make their arms.  The eyes are the smallest size pearls, coloured with a permanent marker.

Here is a list of their bits:-

Body: Small Ornament die
Arms: Twiggy Tree Die (not SU)
Red & Green Hat: 3/4" Circle punch
Red & Green Hat Band: Small Oval punch
Pompom: Itty Bitty Flower punch
Buttons: Owl Builder punch
Noses: Blossom Petals Builder punch
Snowballs: Owl Builder punch
Green Hat: 3/4" Circle punch
Scarf: Small Oval Punch
Scarf Fringe: Finishing Touches Edgelit die
Top Hat Crown: Hanger Section of largest Ornament die
Top Hat Band & Brim: Word Window punch
Heart: Owl Builder punch
Tags: 2.1/2" Circle punch


I forgot to take a picture, but the rear face of the tag has "to" & "from" stamped on it.  :)

I used colours to co-ordinate with the Smarties, set on a Bashful Blue background which has been sponged with white craft ink.  The snowmen are cut from White Shimmer cardstock & are sitting on a pile of Dazzling Diamonds.  :)

We hope you can join us at The Paper Players!  To get you all inspired here are the links to the Team's sweet, snowy creations:-

Lesley Croghan (taking a well earned break) - Always Playing with Paper
Ann Schach - The Stampin' Schach
Anne Marie Hile - Stampin' Anne
Jaydee - Jaydee's Stamping
LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Nance Leedy - Canopy Crafts
Amy White - White House Stamping
Dawn Easton - Treasure Oiler Designz
Jen Arkfeld - Stamped Silly


Don't forget that the Team are searching for a new crop of Guest Designers to join them for the next six months!  Just add "GD" to your entry to be in the running.  :)

Card Components (all SU except as noted)
White Shimmer, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Pacific Point & Lucky Limeade cardstock, 
punches & dies as listed above, Dimensionals, White Taffeta Ribbon, 
White Craft & Early Espresso Ink, Fabulous Phrases Stamp Set, Dazzling Diamonds, 
Glue Pen, Cellophane Bags, Pearls

16 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

Awwwww these are too cute Helen. You have the patience of a saint, tweezering all those itty bitty pieces together :) It was worth it though...they turned out gorgeous! Hmmm...what did you say happened to all the wrong-colour Smarties?? bwahahahaha
Hugs xx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Waving madly back! What a fantastic idea to use the tree branches for the snowmen's arms - too cute.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

These put a smile on my face as soon as I saw them. Such a fun project. I love the cute images & the sweet colours! (Pardon the pun!) hugs xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

These put a smile on my face as soon as I saw them. Such a fun project. I love the cute images & the sweet colours! (Pardon the pun!) hugs xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Giggle! I was so excited ... I just had to tell you twice! Hugs xxx

LeAnne said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute.....can you tell I think they're CUTE? Adorable! Wish I had those dies...I may have to be on the lookout for them myself!

Ann Schach said...

Oh so cute and clever, Helen! These are just adorable! Thanks for giving the us the "recipe"!

Ann Schach said...

Duh...the last sentence of my comment should read "Thanks for giving us the recipe!"

Dawn Easton said...

eek! Helen, these are so stinking cute!!! Adorable!!! Love this idea and I hope I still have some of those cello bags now ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

Jaydee said...

Super Cute. Those three little snowmen are absolutely adorable and what a wonderful project you crafted. Love it
Jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

OMG, Helen! These are fabulous! I can't believe you made those snowmen! I thought it was a stamp. Amazing. Love the colors and all the bitty details--especially how you even added sparkle to them! Wonderful project!

TrishG said...

Wow. Very fun. Great idea!
Some people are going to LOVE receiving these! I know my kids sure would!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Super cute, Helen! Love how you created all of their "bits". Thank you for sharing all of the details. Very creative and a really sweet holiday treat. Hugs! :)

Amy White said...

Oh my! What a cut collection of tags Helen!! You certainly had fun with your punches on these!!

Lisa said...

Super duper cute!!

Nikki Spencer said...

They are just adorable Helen, very cute and clever! xxx