Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #125 - Colours from Nance!

This week Nance is our Hostess at The Paper Players & these are her pretty challenge colours:-


& here is my card:-


I've used a mix of old & new here, stamping the leaf image from Summer Silhouettes over the En Francais background.  To give some interest to the background panel, I stamped the blossoms in Versamark & then embossed them with Cherry Cobbler EP, adding a small pearl centre to each.  The retired sentiment (sans the swirls at the top) fitted perfectly into the framelit, which is raised on dimensionals above the ribbon & also finished off with pearls.


We hope you can join us at The Paper Players this week!  The Team have a fabulous range of beautiful creations to inspire you:-

Lesley Croghan (taking a well earned break) - Always Playing with Paper
Ann Schach - The Stampin' Schach
Anne Marie Hile - Stampin' Anne
Jaydee - Jaydee's Stamping
LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Nance Leedy - Canopy Crafts
Amy White - White House Stamping
Dawn Easton - Treasure Oiler Designz
Jen Arkfeld - Stamped Silly

Don't forget that the Team are still on the lookout for a new crop of Guest Designers to join them for the next six months!  Just add "GD" to your entry to be in the running.  :)

Card Components (all SU)
If you would like any details, please ask.  :)

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, Helen! This is wonderful! Your background that you created is stunning!!! Beautifully created!

LeAnne said...

What a lovely sympathy card...refreshing change from the usual somber colors! Unfortunately I need one for tomorrow....I may just have to CASE yours!!!

Christine Blain said...

I love that you embossed the blossoms with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder - they really 'pop'. Great use of this colour combo, my friend. xx

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Helen! I love how you stamped over the En Francais background! So serene!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a beautiful sympathy card, Helen! I love the simple pop of Pool Party on both the background and the ribbon accent. Such a gorgeous way to showcase the colors. :)

Kim S said...

I have to admit - the idea of a sympathy card would not have occurred to me with these colors - but you have shown me that it could be stunning!!

Nance Leedy said...

I agree with Kim--I would not have thought of a sympathy card but you've made it gorgeous! I love the flowers & leaves over the en francais BG and the layout is just perfect. Lovely job, Helen!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Perfect design, Helen! This has such a peaceful feel about it. Hugs xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

This is such a lovely use of the colours Helen. The Cherry Cobbler blossoms really pop and the pool party text looks lovely...l don't think l have ever stamped it in anything other than nuetrals! xxx

Amy White said...

Gorgeous background paper you've created Helen - love the combination of stamps and colours!