Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #106 - Tic Tac Toe!

This week The Paper Players are holding a Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  I absolutely love these challenges as they are a great springboard for ideas, by offering lots of different options, as there are 8 possible combinations to try!

I've used the diagonal option of floral/dry embossing/favourite colour.  Here's my creation:-


You've probably already noticed that I am an easy pushover for anything blue, particularly the aqua/teal tonings.  Here I've used Baja Breeze & Island Indigo.  I've teamed these blues with some crisp white, which has been scored with the diagonal score plate.  Sorry, but I just couldn't capture the colour of the flowers accurately, the large flower is much deeper IRL even though it looks kind of turquoise in these photos!  :(  Actually the whole photo is kinda dodgy! - the panels are cut straight, but the perspective is all skewed & the colours are off, so this is one of those cards that look much better in real life than in the photo!!

I've been hoarding some gorgeous wool felt, which I found in my local quilting/haberdashery shop.  I was lucky enough to find quite a few pieces that matched SU cardstock colours (woohoo!)  Before I cut out the indigo flower, I layered it onto a piece of cardstock, using a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive sheet.  I cut it with the Blossom Party Die, then gave it some texture by embossing with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  The bonus about this technique is that it also adds dimension to the flower, by giving the petals a subtle curl.  Here's a close up of the flower:-


The rest of the Team have an awesome array of fantastic designs to inspire you, so please pop on by:-

Lesley Croghan (back next week!) - Always Playing with Paper
Ann Schach - The Stampin' Schach
Anne Marie Hile - Stampin' Anne
Jaydee - Jaydee's Stamping
LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Nance Leedy - Canopy Crafts
Amy White - White House Stamping
Dawn Easton - Treasure Oiler Designz
Jen Arkfeld - Stamped Silly

& here is the Tic Tac Toe grid, so you can choose your line & then share with us what you have created (click on the graphic to take you to the challenge):-



Hope you can join us this week!  :)

Card Components: (All SU except for felt)
Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink:  Island Indigo, Versamark
Stamps:  Vintage Vogue, Pennant Parade
Other:  Blossom Party Die, Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet, InColor Brad, Word Window Punch, Jewellery Tag Punch, Scoring Tool
Non SU:  Wool felt