Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Paper Players #105 - Jaydee's Sketch

As soon as I saw Jaydee's sketch for this week, I knew exactly what card I wanted to create!  We have friends heading off to Europe soon, & their itinerary includes Paris, & in particular, the Eiffel Tower.  The panel in the sketch housed my Tower perfectly!  Thanks Jaydee.  :)


Here's my bon voyage card:-




& here is the sketch, which I have mirrored (because the tower just didn't look quite right positioned on the other side, lol):-


(Click on the graphic to go straight to the Challenge)

I've used the Parlor Prints background, stamped in Versamark & clear embossed, to get that luxurious, shiny background.  The Tower has been embossed with black embossing powder.  The sentiment was first coloured with a Versamark marker & then coloured with a Baja Breeze marker, stamped & clear embossed.  To get the longer than normal tag shape, I've punched the word window first, then used the tag punch to create the straight & tabbed ends (there are some pictures in this post, if you would like more detail).


The rest of the Team have some delightful creations to inspire you, so make sure you visit them all & then play along:-

Lesley Croghan (on a break) - Always Playing with Paper
Ann Schach - The Stampin' Schach
Anne Marie Hile (on a mini break) - Stampin' Anne
Jaydee - Jaydee's Stamping
LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Nance Leedy - Canopy Crafts
Amy White - White House Stamping
Dawn Easton - Treasure Oiler Designz
Jen Arkfeld - Stamped Silly

Card Components:  All SU except for ribbon
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Shimmery White
Inks:  Versamark, Baja Breeze
Stamps:  Artistic Etchings, Oval All ("fabulous" friend sentiment)
Other:  Clear Embossing Powder, Black Embossing Powder, Word Window Punch, Jewellery Tag Punch, Dimensionals, Antique Brad
Non SU:  Black Satin Ribbon

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Helen, this is stunning! LOVE that embossed background! It's gorgeous! I'm sure your friends are going to love the thoughtful card you made. How lucky for them to be going there!!!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh Helen, this is so beautifully elegant! The embossed background is tres chic and I love the simple stamping of the tower and postmark. Really makes for one elegant beauty! So glad to be stamping with you! (hugs)

Fiona Harrison said...

Deceptively simple looking but lots of gorgeous detail. Perfect for the sketch, and the recipients.

LeAnne said...

This IS fabulous---love the elegant look of this, and how you pulled out just one word from that sentiment set! Ingenious!

Amy White said...

Such stunning elegance Helen! Love the embossed background and the touch of Baja Breeze with the black and white.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow! Helen, you have done it again - wowed me with the finer details of your very elegant card. LOVE the embossed background on the black card stock.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Perfect! The more I see that stamp ... The more I wish I had bought it! Love the background! I look at a stunning creation like this and realise just how severely lacking my mojo is at the moment! Hgs xxxx

Christine Blain said...

The embossed background, and the satin ribbon, are especially beautiful touches on this card, Helen. Yes, I must agree with everyone else - tres elegant!!

jaydee said...

Helen, I love that you switched the sketch. The colors on this card are so elegant and I love that you kept such clean lines.
Jaydee

Nikki Spencer said...

So beautifully created and ever so elegant and l do love that perfect dainty bow! xxx