Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #83 - Masculine CAS

 

This week The Paper Players have a masculine-themed clean & simple challenge.  I think you can never have enough "man cards" in the stash, so I've joined in the fun.

I've gone for a simple layout, designed to showcase the snazzy DSP & the cool knot treatment.



My hubby was very impressed with the decorative knot, which is thanks to Barbara & her easy tutorial.

Card Components: (SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Textured Cherry Cobbler
DSP:  Nautical Expedition
Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes
Inks:  Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler
Other:  1.3/8" & 1" Circle Punches, Dimensionals
Non SU:  Soft, cotton string

9 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I think I need a lesson in knot tying. This is a very classic, CAS, masculine card - love it.

Ann Schach said...

A perfect masculine card, Helen! Clean and classy! And your knot is fabulous! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Christine Blain said...

That impressive knot sure is the star of your card, my friend! My first attempt at one of these knots didn't quite look how I wanted it to, LOL. Great CAS male card!

Lynne Armstrong said...

I don't think I'll ever manage CAS like you do Helen...this is a masterpiece! Love the knot...will try the tute and see how I go :)
Hugs xx

LeAnne said...

Oh yes, Barbara's knot....I have done a few of them myself. This is FABULOUS! The paper complements your embellishment perfectly! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Lesley said...

Great use of the knot as the main focus! This is the perfect CAS masculine card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Helen, this is a such a fantastic CAS design! I love the sailor's knot and it really takes center stage on this crisp, clean layout. Very nice! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Jen W. said...

Fabulous masculine card and that knot is gorgeous!

Diane Barnes said...

Arrr that's one impressive knot. It really finishes off the card in a cool & classy way.