Friday, July 1, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #76 - Button Birdies

Welcome to another challenge for Inkspirations!  This week you have these fun colours to play with:-


I decided to pull out a PTI set that hasn't seen a lot of love, even though it has cute line art images to use with buttons & lots of sentiments.  Here is my card:-


I have chosen to make a layered, all white card, with a few spots of colour.  Each layer of white has been popped up on dimensionals.

The buttons I used were not the same size as intended for the stamps, so I lightly traced around each button in pencil & then, using a marker to ink the stamp, added the details, one body part at a time!  I have stamped their wings on matching cardstock using white ink & cut them out.  Here are the little chickies:-



I created the band of colour at the bottom using a square punch & a strip of Sizzix adhesive sheet (this is great stuff) & added an organza ribbon.

Now make sure you head over to the Challenge blog & see what lovely creations the DT have to inspire you:-
Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Helen Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa Renée
Card Components (All SU unless noted)
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade
DSP:  Hostess 6x6 InColor, retired Baja print
Inks:  Basic Black marker, White craft ink
Other:  Organza Ribbon, 1.1/2" Square Punch (used for colour band), Sizzix Adhesive Sheets, Dimensionals
Non SU:  PTI Everyday Button Bits stamp set, Black Pearls, mini Black Gems

16 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Awe...this is so, so cute Helen! l love those birdies and they are perfect for this colour challenge.

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

Very cute Helen! I love the one bending down, pecking at the ground!

Lynne Armstrong said...

WOWSERS Helen...LOVE it!! Those cute little birdies really pop on the all white card. Love the layered effect of the white CS and the colours across the bottom. I suppose I should get my set out and try to do something with it now lol
Hugs xx

Kim Singdahlsen said...

This is just the cutest card! It is so simple yet I laughed aloud at your darling array of birds!

Renée said...

this is wonderful, Helen! love the button birdies!

Marisa said...

Beyond CUTE, Helen!!! Absolutely love this card!!

Paula said...

Awww, these are so darn cute Helen! Love the splash of bright colour against the white too ♥

t_bar_star said...

I really like this one, it's so cute! I love the look achieved by small amounts of colour on white. I'm looking forward to giving this challenge a go today! Theresa

Cindy Major said...

Lots of work to stamp thew chickies at the right size, but it definitely paid off! Your card is so pretty! The birds make me smile :D

Cindy

Makeesha Byl said...

aaawww those chickadees are just gorgeous Helen! I love how you have created three different ones... so cute! Thanks for your inspiration this week, Love Keesh x

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is fantastic! I love how you've made those white-on-white squares and your use of buttons is genius.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Now this is soooo darn cute! I love it! Fantastic use of a tricky colour combo! Hugs xxaxx

Shelley Starkis said...

This is such an adorable card. I love all the white with just a touch of colour. Gorgeous!

Diane Barnes said...

Fab card Helen. So clean & simple & the birdies are just adorable...especially the orange one. Hugs. Di

Fiona Harrison said...

Hi Helen,
Thanks for popping by. Your card is sooo cute, love those little birdies, and the coloured strip is inspired.

I really appreciate all your encouraging comments, thank you,
Fi x

Shannon said...

I LOVE this card, the animals are so adorable. The layout is simple and effective, such a cute card!