Friday, July 8, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #77 - A Bit of Brayering

Hi & welcome to my weekly post, lol.  It's Inkspirations Challenge time & here is this week's sketch:-


I am having some major computer issues this week.  (My dear old desktop has died & I think the laptop is going out in sympathy, so I've moved on to DS's computer - hope I don't break this one too!)

I have to admit, I found the little box thingy down the bottom of the sketch a bit tricky - I tried all sorts of things on my card, but none actually worked, so I chose to omit that part of the sketch.  Sorry Keesh!  :)

Inspiration for my card comes from the very talented Paula Dobson, who is an absolute master with sponging.  I have just unpacked this set & decided to use it as a silhouette image, a la Paula.  I have created the background using a brayer & sponges.


Love this sentiment:-


Hop on over to the challenge blog & you can see what the rest of the team have been up to:-
Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Helen Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa Renée
Card Components (All SU unless noted)
Cardstock:   Basic Black, Whisper White, White Vellum
Stamps:  Every Moment
Inks:  Basic Black pad & marker, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Black StazOn
Tools:  1.3/4" Circle Punch, Post It Notes, Brayer, Sponges
Non SU:  Black Brads, White Gel Pen

14 comments:

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

Wow, Helen. This is devine!! I haven't used the brayer....I must have a go. Just beautiful. S xxx

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous! I have never tried using a brayer and have only managed limited sponging but with this inspiration I may have to give it a go! :)

Kim S said...

This is just stunning!

Cindy Major said...

Woooow! You've outdone yourself on this one, Helen! It is SO gorgeous! Love how you did the vellum overlay with the sentiment, it adds just the perfect touch to your beautiful scenery! Absolutely love it!

TFS!
Cindy :)

Paula said...

Absolutely breathtaking Helen! I love the vellum overlay. Will have to CASE you CASEing me *grin*!! Thanks for the shout out *mwah* I think you are a huge talent with the brayer and sponge too ♥

Lynne Armstrong said...

Absolutely beautiful Helen. Love how you've done the vellum overlay and your brayered and sponged scene is perfect...so serene & beautiful:) The sentiment is perfect for this.
Hugs xx

t_bar_star said...

This is a really elegant card. I love the sentiment on the vellum. Theresa x

Marisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Helen!! Love the scene you crated and the sentiment panel in vellum over top is brilliant! Stunning card!

Fiona Harrison said...

Wowsers Helen, that card is simply amazing, I think I gasped when I first saw it. Wonderful sponging and I love the sentiment on the vellum. Breath taking!
Fi x

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is just amazing. By far my favourite card I've seen this week anywhere. Way to go!

julieprice3 said...

Beautiful card. Vary lifelike
Hugs Julie P

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Helen! Thanks so much for all the blog love on my blog!!! You are a sweetie! And ... wow! Love this card. It is fantastic. You always do a sensational job of Keesh's challenges! Hugs xxaxx

startingfresh said...

Just stunning!! Will have to pull out my brayer again, and give it another go.

Tui Nathan said...

Wooo ... brilliant, what a stunning, stunning card ... love the added white tips on the silhouette image and love the horizon ... great card!!!