Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

CASE-ing the Catty #15 - Calendar with Tiny Treat Boxes

Woohoo!  I am very excited to be joining the talented team at CASE-ing the Catty this year!  :)

With a new Occasions catalogue from Stampin' Up!, as well as lots of Sale-A-Bration goodies, there are lots of lovely toys to get the creative juices flowing.  

This week the challenge at CASE-ing the Catty is to be inspired by a stamped project from the SAB Catalogue & use a Sale-A-Bration (or new stamp) set.  Here's my project using the SAB DSP & stamps from Crazy About You:-


The back panel of my calendar was inspired by the card at the top of page 14 (SAB Catalogue).  I liked the mix of banners layered with stamped & die-cut sentiments, the flower & rhinestones.


The inspiration for the actual calendar came from this gorgeous advent calendar that my lovely friend Lynne sent me (see at the bottom of post for more info).

The Design Team at CTC have some beautiful samples to get you inspired.  You can check them out & play along in the challenge here (simply click on the graphic):-

http://caseingthecatty.blogspot.com

Project Components
Kraft, Soft Suede & Whisper White cardstock, SAB Best Day Ever DSP, Tiny Treat Boxes, Crazy About You stamp set, Calypso Coral ink, SAB button, White Baker's Twine, Hello You dies, Window Frame dies, alphabet dies (retired), Hexagon & Scallop Circle punches, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Rhinestones

Project Construction Details
 Lynne's calendar stand & number cubes were created with an e-cutter - you can find more details here.
I created my cubes using SU's Tiny Treat Boxes.  As these boxes are larger than the ones Lynne made, I designed a new stand which could be cut by hand.  I made a base box for the cubes to sit on, attached the back panel & then adhered the sides to hold it all together.  I took lots of photos during the construction & hope to put together a tutorial some time in the future.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  :)