Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Retrosketches #2 - Variegated Tree

There's a new challenge called Retrosketches, which I missed out on playing in last week & have only just made it for this week!!!  Here's my entry:-


& here's the sketch:-


I've rotated the sketch, counter-clockwise by 90 degrees.  I wanted to have a subtle sentiment panel, so I opted to emboss the wording on a vellum panel, which kept it as more of a background feature.


To get the variation in the tree leaves I inked up the stamp, first with Limeade, then slightly in from the top edge with Olive & then a careful inking around the trunk with Artichoke, before huffing on the rubber & stamping.  I added shading to the trunk with a marker, before stamping, then tweaked it a bit more with markers & a blender pen after I had stamped.

You can check out the DT's inspiration pieces & all the other entries here.

Card Components  (SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Vellum
Stamps:  SU Petite Pairs (sentiment)
Inks:  Lucky Limeade, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Early Espress, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Other:  Mini Brads, Clear Embossing Powder
Non SU:  Nesties, PTI Through the Trees