Friday, October 14, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #91 - Me & DSP!!!

Hithere!  Are you ready for another Inkspirations challenge?  This week Keesh has a nifty sketch, with oodles of possibilities:-


I interpreted the large circle as a flower & the small one as a butterfly embellie:-


My fellow teammate, Brandi, inspired me to die-cut this bloom in DSP, something I never would have considered before.  I really struggle with DSP, so pushed myself to use three on this card.  You will note, however, that I chose three monotone prints.  Is that cheating?   lol

To see what the rest of the Team came up with for this super sketch, make sure you visit the links below:-

The Challenge Site

Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée


Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa

Card Components:
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Poppy Parade 
DSP:  All retired SU in Poppy Parade, Taken with Teal, Summer Sun 
Inks:  Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise
Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes
Other: Daisies #2 Die, Turquoise Button, Beautiful Wings Embozzlit, 1" Square Punch, Pearls, Embroidery Thread

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving that flower and the colour combo you used is great.

Sharon Jones said...

This is a gorgeous card! The flower and butterfly are simply beautiful!

Christine Blain said...

Wow, you really did push yourself outside your comfort zone with DSP, my friend! This is such a beautiful card; don't be afraid to use more DSP!!!!

Nikki Spencer said...

You have done a great job with the DSP l think you chose really well and that flower looks fabulous in DSP, another great idea, thanks for the inspiration.

Lynne Armstrong said...

LOL we'll have you converted to using lots of DSP yet Helen :) This looks fab....fancy using turquoise *grin* The flower looks great in DSP.
Hugs xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You sure do "bright" so well, Helen! Just lovely! Wish I was home to try this sketch ... but perhaps I will find some time later in the week? Hugs xx

RobbynW said...

Hi Helen! thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I could not tell you struggled with DSP by looking at this card! It looks so natural and put together! Way to go!
RobbynW