Friday, August 26, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #84 - Daffodils in 3D!

Boy oh boy, you might just need a pair of sunnies for this week's Inkspirations Challenge colours, lol:-


Well, seeing as Spring is just around the corner, I thought I would "grow" some daffodils:-

A while ago I was making some paper roses, (the gorgeous ones created by Joanne Leddy - look HERE for Joanne's tute), & during the process I thought, hey with a bit of tweaking, this could be made into a daffodil, so here is what I did:-


Now IRL daffodils actually have six petals, so I have since made some more.  I will put up a tute with some step by step photos during the week if anyone is interested in making them.  :)

These blooms are very 3D! 


So I had to make a matching box to post the card in!


Hope you can join us in the challenge this week.  Please make sure you go check out what the rest of the Team has done with these rather LOUD colours, lol:-
The Challenge Site

Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée





Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa



Card Components:  
I'll list them when I post the tute next week.  :)


10 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

Your daffodils are GORGEOUS Helen. You are sooooo clever! You used the colours to great effect...they're not really THAT loud lol
Hugs xx

Diane Barnes said...

Wow Helen, the daffodils & whole card is fantastic. Really love how you made the challenge colours work....& they're very tricky colours too. Hope you have a happy weekend. Hugs, Di

Christine Blain said...

You have used these colours beautifully, Helen; and I agree with Lynne - they're not THAT loud, my friend! I love the centres of the daffodils. I look forward to your tutorial :)

Marisa said...

Well done on the daffodils!! You rocked this colour combo and the easel card is fabulous!

Tammy Hanlon said...

What a beautiful card, the daffodils are stunning.
Tammy

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

(waving like a mad woman) Me! Me! Me! I wanna tute!! LOL! Great card, lady!

xo B.

Makeesha Byl said...

Absolutely fabulous and drop dead gorgeous.....and even more so in REAL LIFE! Thank you so very much Helen for spoiling me with this out of this world creation... I am sure it was hard to part with! Thanks again for showering me with your love, you sure are one very special lady! Love Keesh x

Joanne Leddy said...

Adorable flowers! How clever of you!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Helen these flowers are fabulous and I love the matching box!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! Lookie! You answered my question about posting (attached to your next post!) Sweet card, Helen! I took one look at that colour combo ... and got a bit freaked out! But ... you managed it beautifully! Hugs xxaxx