Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just Add Ink #62 - Blossom Box

Well, I hope you haven't fallen off your chair!  No, it's not Friday & yes, I am actually doing a mid-week post!.  :)

It's been ages since I have played along in the JAI Challenge & this week the ladies have a fantastic challenge to create a bag or box.

I was given the perfect inspiration to create a 3D item, when I was lucky enough to catch up for a wonderful lunch with the very lovely Christine Blain yesterday.  Look at these gorgeous blooms that Christine created (& sent home with me, along with one of her stunning cards):-


I was all inspired by these beauties to whip up a box this evening & opted to use the Pink flower to create this:-


I started with the lid, which was made from a 6x6 sheet of DSP, I centred the scallop border trim punch along each edge of the square & then folded each side down to give a 1" lip.  The box was made from one & a half sheets of cardstock, which has been stamped with the woodgrain stamp & sponged along all the edges.

I added a loop of Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon to the bloom on the lid, which has been raised on dimensionals:-


Thank you so much Christine.  :)

Box Components:  (All SU)
Cardstock:  Pink Pirouette
DSP:  Retired 6x6 Hostess Pad (Regal Rose)
Stamps:  Woodgrain
Inks:  Pretty in Pink
Other:  Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Scallop Border Trim Punch, Sponges, Dimensionals, Pearl, Fancy Flower Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Boho Blossoms, Silver Brad (under Pearl), Sticky Strip