Sunday, April 25, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio Earth Day Blog Hop - Post No. 2


Hi & welcome.  If this is your first visit to my site, please make sure you read both posts, the link to the next stop in your tour (Shelley) is at the end of the next post.  :)

If you are returning for a second visit, here is my second project.

Here is the before shot:-


& here is is after I attacked it:-


 If you are kind of scratching your head, wondering why I've done this, have a lookie here:-


 Instead of a boring old empty picture frame, it has now become a very dressy "whiteboard" for my crafting space (& it matches my cardbox).

The image I have used is Michelle Perkett's beautiful "Just Breathe" mermaid.  She is laser printed on watercolour paper & coloured with stamp pad inks & an aquapainter & then "fussy" cut & mounted under the glass. (BTW I have discovered shooting anything with glass is a nightmare!)



Hope you are thoroughly enjoying your tour around the hop, make sure you go to the bottom of my next post so you can go & visit Shelley.  :)


11 comments:

Tammy said...

WOW Helen!!! This is so gorgeous!! Dang...I just love everything about it. Your image is colored so beautifully and what a fabulous use for a boring old photo frame!!!

ileana said...

Oh Helen! this is gorgeous too!!! what a clever idea! :-) lovely as everything you do, hugs!

Shelley said...

Helen they are both absolutely gorgeous! It is getting harder & harder to pick my favorites with all of this talent. I love both projects, putting them on my list to create!

Pattie G said...

Wow Helen... This is so beautiful!


Hugs
Pattie

Marilyn Webb said...

Great Idea, and beautiful too!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, what a great idea. I love that paper you have used with the image. TFS.

Michelle said...

Oh, Helen!! this is wonderful!! You are so amazing!! What a beautiful job you did on both of your entries!! this is so cool! I love it!!:) Thank you Helen!!:)

Lynne Armstrong said...

Absolutely fantastic Helen...love it! You will have a lovely matching set for your craft area with these projects. Can't imagine why you've made them "teal" hahahahaha :) Looking forward to seeing them IRL soon
hugs :)

grandmalee said...

Absolutely stunning coloring job! I love it when I make things for my own craft area instead of giving everything away like I usually do. I'm glad to see you've been able to start to make several awesome projects for yourself! TFS!

Sammi said...

Oooh.. this is so pretty!!
Sammi
xxx

Randi WS said...

Wow! This is really clever, and SOOO beautiful!! ;)
Hugs