Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Cupcake Oven & Pop-Up Kitchen Card

Helloooo!

I  thought I would share a fun project I made recently as I will be missing a few CASE-ing the Catty Blog Hops.  (You can find what the rest of the CTC Crew are up to here.)

Our DD's bestie is an apprentice pastry chef, so we thought she might like a yummy red velvet cupcake with some appropriate packaging:-


I was inspired by a cute little bakery box oven, made by Marzi, which you can find here.

The entire project is made from Stampin' Up! supplies (some of them are retired).  I played around with some scrap paper to form a prototype & then made this version, which is constructed a bit differently to Marzi's version.  I used the Simply Scored Tool to create the basic box for the oven.  I also added an extra panel inside the base of the oven, which the cupcake "nests" in.  The hotplates are punched from back glimmer paper layered on silver foil sheet.   The little gauge is a teeny tiny piece of clipart that I printed from the computer & then placed an itty bitty accent epoxy sticker on top.  The oven mitt was made by trimming down a gingerbread man die-cut.


Sorry, I don't have any plans to share on my design, but you can find great directions for Marzi's oven here.

I had so much fun creating the oven that I made a co-ordinating pop-up kitchen card to go with it.  I used the base of a retired pop-up die & added my own cabinetry, oven, tile & hardwood floor.  Here is the inside:-


Thanks for dropping by.  See you again soon!  :)