Friday, August 28, 2015

CASE-ing the Catty #45 - Hostess section with a slice of cake :)

Welcome to this week's CASE-ing the Catty Blog Hop!  We are featuring projects inspired by the Hostess section of the Stampin' Up! annual catalogue (pages 178-181).  You may have come straight from Stasia's cute Halloween project, or started here, but you can work your way around the entire Hop & see the Crew's wonderful projects by following the links in each post.  If you get lost along the way, you can find a complete list of participants on the CTC post.

I was inspired by the tag on page 181.  I like the fact that the image is composed of stamped & raised elements.  I was also inspired by the Sweet Stack Cake Kit that is shown on page 178.  I made a slice of chocolate cake with a watermelon bow & added a flower similar to the one on the top layer of the cake.  I also added a couple of leaves to tie in with the stamped image on my tag.


Emma's awesome project is next.  :)  You can find it by clicking on the image below:-

http://vintagegraffiti.com/2015/08/28/everyone-loves-a-good-hostess-with-case-ing-the-catty/

I had a lot of fun making that cake slice!  Here are some more slices with Mint Macaron trim & spiral flower embellishments.  :)



Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

thepaperandstampaddict said...

Oh, I love both slices of cake!! And the flower on your tag is great!!

thepapercaper said...

These are so cute Helen. Your embossed 'icing' really reminds me of real cake. Although I'm VERY partial to pink, I have to say my favourites are the mint slices! Gorgeous

Alison Barclay said...

WOW - so stunning, and that gift tag looks amazing! Love that flower. :)

Julia said...

they all look totally delicious!! Gorgeous work!

Monique said...

YUM! These are great, looks like you have been having great fun.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Just gorgeous, Helen! Elegant and so impressive! Hope you are well? Hugs xxx