Wednesday, February 27, 2013

still addINKtive - STSS - By The Tide



Well, another week has flown by, so it's time for Spot That Stamp Set at still addINKtive.  This week we are highlighting the sets By the Seashore & By the Tide.

I have used Jaydee's great sketch at the Paper Players to create this card:-


I have used the fish & lace coral from By the Tide.  I inked my stamp with Versamark & then Island Indigo ink, which enabled me to clear emboss the outline of the fish.  I watercoloured the image & then added a layer of wash using Frost White Shimmer paint.  He has a lovely shiny but imperfect finish, just like the real thing!  :)  He's been fussy cut & popped up on dimensionals.  The coral was clear embossed on the gold metallic background & then highlighted with some white sponging:-


The net panel was created by stamping the woodgrain background image twice (at right angles) onto vellum & then white embossing.  I sponged around the edges with white ink as well.

A simple bradded sentiment panel finishes off the card.

We hope you can join us at still addINKtive this week, by showcasing up to three projects you have made with either of these sets.  You can find the awesome creations that the SA Design Team came up with here.

Here is the Paper Players sketch & you can find the challenge, including the Design Team projects here:-





Card Components (All SU)
Island Indigo, Gold Metallic, River Rock, Whisper White & Vellum Cardstock, By the Tide & Woodgrain Stamp Sets, (Sentiment = retired), Versamark, Craft White, Island Indigo & Marina Mist Inks, White Shimmer Paint, White Gel Pen, White & Clear Embossing Powders, Word Window Punch, Gold Brads

10 comments:

Amy O said...

Your coloring is beautiful! And I never would have guessed that you used the woodgrain background stamp to make the white panel -- how creative! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Hi Helen...just had to pop over and tell you how fabulously creative this card is! I can't believe you used the woodgrain to create the vellum panel...not only is that a brilliant idea to stamp it multiple times but embossed on vellum is GENIUS! Lovely card and so glad you joined us at The Paper Players--miss you!

Vicki Hodgman said...

OMG what an awesome effect that woodgrain stamp has! It looks like netting. And I love your subtle stamping of the coral and the lovely fish pops on the page. Brilliant card.

Justin said...

WOW! That is so clever what you did with the woodgrain stamp! Love the card! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Debbie Henderson said...

Oh my gosh, what a clever girl with the netting. It looks awesome with that really pretty looking fish!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow! All those clever techniques rolled into one card. Super impressive, as always.

Susan Joyce said...

Fabulous card Helen, I love your fish, it certainly stands out and the netting is terrific on the vellum.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Your card is fantastic Helen. I am totally amazed at how beautiful you've made that fish look! (To be honest I thought he was quite ugly when I saw him in the catty.) Your use of white on this card is really wonderful.

Lisa Young said...

Wow, Helen - just wow!! I love how you created that net with the woodgrain background. I thought it was dsp at first glance. That is just so creative. And the fish is beautiful too!

loyaz said...

I love the special effects you used on your fish. Thank you for sharing your info.