Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #120 - A Simple, Sparkly Thanks!


This week at The Paper Players, Ann is our Hostess, & has presented the following challenge:-


Oh dear, I felt like a rebel when I saw the gorgeous creations from the rest of the team!  I have gone with a simple, clean & crisp "Thank You" card:-


I have a lovely collection of coloured glitter, which hasn't seen daylight in a while, since I discovered SU's Dazzling Diamonds, so I thought I would break it out.  I stamped the letters onto JAC paper (double sided adhesive), which was mounted onto cardstock:-


Then I fussy cut them:-


Then I popped them up on dimensionals, added them to the white shimmer layer, peeled off the JAC paper liner & added the glitter.  It's so sparkly!!  :)

Hope you can join us with your "Give Thanks" creation this week.  Here are the links to the rest of the DT so you can check out their fabulous projects:-

Lesley Croghan (taking a well earned break) - Always Playing with Paper
Ann Schach - The Stampin' Schach
Anne Marie Hile - Stampin' Anne
Jaydee - Jaydee's Stamping
LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Nance Leedy - Canopy Crafts
Amy White - White House Stamping
Dawn Easton - Treasure Oiler Designz
Jen Arkfeld - Stamped Silly


Stampin' Up!:
White Shimmer Cardstock, Concord Crush Cardstock, Basic Black Ink, Jumbo Outline Alphabet Stamps (retired), Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Dimensionals
Other:
AED Glitter "Ocean Depths", JAC Paper

6 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

Personally, I like rebels lol I think your card is fabulous Helen...I also think you're a tad MAD for fussy cutting those letters :) but they do look great. Nice to see the coloured glitter being aired again....this one's a gorgeous colour :)
Hugs xx

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this...I have a whole bunch of pretty sparkly glitter from Martha...I just LOVE them too! Awesome creation!

Jaydee said...

Helen, I LOVE the clean and simple lines of your card. It really allows the sentiment to take center stage. All that white space makes me happy, as do the glittery letters!
Fabulous card.
Jaydee

Amy White said...

Wonderful striking card Helen - the embossed background shows off the sparkly letters perfectly!

Ann Schach said...

Yowza! This is clean and simple perfection, Helen! I LOVE it!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Helen, this is simply stunning! I love the clean design and those sparkly letters really pop off the card. I have a ton of glitter as well and this is such great inspiration to start using it really soon. :)