Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Lollipop Ladies Challenge #52 - Guest Spot

A while back I won a challenge at The Lollipop Ladies & was excited to be invited to submit a sample for the current challenge.  The challenge is to create a project using inspiration from Barley Sugars, with the added twist of acetate.  Here is the inspiration pic:-


I've obviously taken the yellow colour & all that glorious sparkle & sheen to create my card, plus the twisty ends of the cellophane wrappers reminded me of wings, so this is what I've came up with:-


I made a box style card, that folds flat for mailing, but pops open to create a 3D frame to house my DSP & embossed acetate butterfly.  I wanted lots of reflection so I covered the entire front panel of the card with double sided adhesive paper & then gave it (& everything else in a one metre radius) a liberal coating of Dazzling Diamonds!


What will you create with from the inspiration pic?  Make sure you visit The Lollipop Ladies, check out the DT samples & join in the fun.  You may win a guest DT spot too!  :)

Card Components: (SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Vellum
Inks:  Going Grey
Stamps:  Loving Thoughts
Other:  Framelit Label Dies, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Itty Bitty Banner Dies, Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals, Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Final Press Embossing Folder, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Double Sided Adhesive Paper (non SU)

11 comments:

Elaine said...

What a lovely way to make a card, very nice. You have also included the colours nicely, the butterfly is so pretty. Well done and glad you could join the team for this challenge.

Fiona Harrison said...

Congrats! And what a great take on the inspiration pic. Bet you do have a sparkly house now LOL.
Wish my mind could work like that. I am far too literal.

Christine Blain said...

Wow - what a dramatic, dazzly (is that a word?) card, Helen! Just lovely.

Gail said...

That is a great take on our challenge at TLL ,thanks for being a guest designer.A fab creation.

Susan Hogan said...

WOW, how fabulous! And so sparkly! Love that butterfly and you certainly met the acetate part really well!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Totally fabulous, Helen! Love the way you tied the design to the inspiration! Hugs xxx so happy to see you! Xxx

Kim S said...

Wow! Not an easy inspiration piece but you have done amazing things with it!!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!! (for yesterday!) Hope you had a really special day! Hugs xxx

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is gorgeous Helen! I'm not a fan of yellow but this is stunning with all that sparkly bling around it.Love how you've used the Framelits for this. I might have to make a box card sometime soon. It's been a while and this card has defintiely inspired me :)
Hugs xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous sparkles and such a fun fold idea. You always inspire me to try new things. Love the embossed acetate butterfly, a lovely interesting card. xxx

Karen Clark said...

Where do I learn to fold this card? I am intrigued!!