Monday, January 16, 2012

JAI #100 - Just Add Crowns

After a nice long break, I thought I might try my hand at the challenge at Just Add Ink this week, to "just add crowns".  So that's what I did (21 of them!)

Here's my card:-


I've made the background paper by versamark stamping & then black embossing the crown from SU's Artistic Etchings.  It looks great when the light hits it:-


I have used the decorative label punch under the oval sentiment panel, but wanted to remove the spikey points.  Here's how I did that:-




Make sure you go check out all the fabulous DT projects - JAI have put together a fun blog hop to celebrate their #100 Challenge milestone.  Congratulations Ladies!

Card Components  (all SU) 
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Poppy Parade
Stamps:  Artistic Etchings, Tiny Tags, Afterthoughts (retired)
Inks:  Versamark
Other:  Decorative Label, Wide Oval & 1.3/8" Circle Punches, Black Embossing Powder, Silver Embossing Powder, Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Patrice said...

Wow Helen, lots of work here but how gorgeous is the end result!

Thanks so much for joining in with our special 100th Challenge over at Just Add Ink this week.

Fiona Harrison said...

Wow, that certainly is adding crowns. Great idea with the punches!

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is amazing Helen. I thought it was DP when I first looked lol...great job with the embossing, not to mention lining them up so perfectly!! Definitely fits the "Add Crowns" theme :)
Hugs xx

Christine Blain said...

I am SO impressed - not a stray speck of embossing powder in sight! I, too, thought you'd used DSP (but I should've known better) ... looks fabulous, my friend. Love how you snipped the pointy bits off the Decorative Label punchie; very clever. I reckon you'll win this, for adding the most crowns!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Your a clever cookie, had l not read the title l would have been flipping my catty looking for that DSP, it looks fabulous!
Thanks for helping us celebrate our 100th challenge.

inkeverywhere said...

Fantastic - I bet this looks even better IRL - the texture of the embossing is fantastic. Chantell

Debi said...

perfect x

Rachel Moore said...

Love the embossing looks fantastic

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a superb job with all that glamorous embossing. Thanks for the tip with the punch as well :)

Suzie said...

Hi Helen
Your card is magnificent...I might have to case that one, my daughter loves anything with crowns.
Thanks for stopping by my blog - hopefully I'll be back in my new craftroom asap. My elbow has been killing me from painting...haha must be the old age setting in.
Can't wait for it.
Cheers to a great year of crafting
Suzie xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! You have gone all out with this one, Helen! Thanks for all the blog love you left on my blog recently! Hugs xxx

Diane Barnes said...

You must be so patient with all the lining up & embossing, but well worth the fab result. Great tip for the decorative label. I am sooo trying that! Hugs. D
PS: Catching up with all your creations makes me even more in awe of your talent Helen. You're brilliant at creating different looks & using so many techniques. Love it all!