Friday, December 16, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #100 - The Final Challenge!

Yes folks, you did read correctly - this is the final Inkspirations Challenge!  After wowing us with her beautiful creations & running an amazing challenge site over recent years, Makeesha has decided it's time to move on to different things her in life. 

I feel so privileged to have been part of the Inkspirations Team over the past 15 months & would like to take this opportunity to say a big "THANK YOU" - first & foremost to Keesh (you are one amazing lady!), to Renee (our techno guru), all the Design Team Members (both past & present), all the Guest Designers, all the Challenge players & all the lovely people who have taken the time to leave comments.  You are an awesome group of crafters!  :)

So to end it all, we have a Christmas Challenge for you & here is my project:-


One of my lovely crafting buddies (Hi Kim!) had asked if I could design a Santa with a sweet treat cup belly & this is what I came up with.  (If you would like to try one for yourself, I have listed the tools used at the end of the post.)


I decided to create a little scene for him & made a tree & presents, all presented on an easel base with a slider behind Santa to get the M&Ms out. Here are another couple of views:-



We would love it if you could join us in this final Inkspirations Challenge & share a Christmas project with us. My fabulous team members have got some wonderful inspiration pieces for you to enjoy, so please visit & leave them some love:-
The Challenge Site

Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée


Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa

Treat Cup Santa:
Body = 1.3/4" Circle Punch
Head = 1" Circle Punch
Beard = Cupcake Punch (frosting)
Nose = Owl Punch (medium circle)
Hat = Pennant Builder Punch
Pompom = Itty Bitty Flower Punch
Belt = Word Window Punch
Buckle = Owl Punch (smallest & largest circle)
Arms = Word Window Punch
Legs = Modern Label Punch
Hands = Boho Blossom Punch (smallest flower)
Boots = Scallop Square Punch
Fur Trim = Deckle Edge Scissors

Tree:
Greenery = Petal Cone Die & Tasteful Trim Die
Trunk = Modern Label Punch

Card Components:
All SU except for JAC paper & deckle edge scissors (used on fur trim) & the M&Ms, lol.  :)

10 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

Oh WOW Helen, you've really outdone yourself this time!! He is GORGEOUS...and done SO cleverly. I'm so sorry to hear the challenges are finishing...hope you find a new DT home so you can continue to WOW everyone with your amazing talent :) It would be such a shame for you to disappear into the closet and not be seen again lol
Big hugs xx

Christine Blain said...

Well, you are going out with a bang with this one, my friend! What a work of art. You certainly are very talented, and I love seeing your creations. I hope you will continue to regularly share even without Inkspirations, Helen. Always love what you do!!

Ellen said...

Oh my Helen, that is an amazing card!!! I will still be following you, even without Inkspirations. You are a very talented lady!

Cindy Major said...

Oh my gosh, Helen!!!! You decided to go out with a bang!! I love, love, love this project! It is so nicely put together and the details are just gorgeous! And what a neat idea, using the treat cup to make the Santa belly... So clever :D

It was a pleasure to have you on the DT. You've been so full of envouraging words throughout the weeks. Thanks for your kindness and inspiration!

Big hugs,
Cindy

Suzie said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!
You have truly been saving the best till last Helen....This is magnificent. All your designs have been inspirational and I thank you for them.
Now off to my table to see if I can come close to this GRAND DESIGN.
Merry Christmas and a very Safe and Happy New Year to you and your family

Hugs
Suzanne xx

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

This is just so gorgeous Helen!! You are so very clever. You have definitely ended on a high note! Thanks for your inspiration every week. I will keep following your blog for continued inspiration.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

WOWEE! This is adorable! You're so creative, lady! I'm going to miss being on the DT with you but I'll keep stopping by your blog to bug you. ;)

Big hugs,
Brandi

Makeesha Byl said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous Helen! You sure did go out with a bang! This is so very very creative and i love santa's chocolate tummy! (what happened to the other coloured m&m's?? :0)
Thanks again for your amazing talent, it sure has been a treat having you on the DT!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! This is absolutely sensational ... and perfect for the last INKspiration Challenge! Already in my Christmas 'to CASE' file!
I probably won't be back again before Christmas ... so I just wanted to pass on my love and best wishes for a very special Christmas ~ take care & stay safe!! I will be back to visit in 2012. (Gav is having a break between Xmas & New Year.)
All my love, Andrea xxx

Diane Barnes said...

Oh Helen!! This is truly wonderful - so whimsical & fun. All the little details are fantastic. I definitely need to keep this in mind for next Christmas. Hope your year has had a great start. Warm wishes, Di