Saturday, May 14, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #69 - More Quilting & Polkadots

Hello, it's time for another Inkspirations Challenge (actually it was time yesterday, but naughty Blogger wouldn't play nicely, lol!)

This week Keesh has a fantastic sketch for you to try:-


It's a nice easy one this week, so we hope to see lots of people playing along.

I had a blast last week making my "quilted" card, so I thought I would grab out the sewing machine, punches & polkadot stamps again & make this little number, which is actually a fridge magnet frame:-


Here are some close-ups of the details:-



I used the background stamp "Dot Dot Dot" to stamp the squares, which were punched with a 1.1/4" square.  The hearts & button backgrounds were stamped with the reverse polkadot from the Playful Pieces Hostess Set.  I created & die-cut the scalloped mat & frame surround with my Robo.  The hearts, sentiment, buttons & frame have been raised with dimensional adhesives.  If you'd like any further details, please drop me an email.  :)

The rest of the Team have some wonderful pieces to inspire you, here are the links:-
Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Helen Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa Renée

8 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is totally adorable Helen...I LOVE everything about it. The card and frame make a lovely set. A very special baby gift :)
Hugs xx

Allanna said...

What a beautiful idea....Simply gorgeous!!!

Suzie said...

Fantastic Gift idea Helen...Gorgeous patchworking again!!!

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

This is gorgeous Helen! Love the fridge frame idea! The stitching is fab, you have so much patience, I can't sew to save my soul! It always looks so beautiful on cards, but way too hard for me, Well done.

Kim Singdahlsen said...

All those wonderful polka dots - even the buttons! A perfect frame for that sweet Teddy.

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Helen - love all the spotty cuteness (can you tell I just made up that phrase?)!!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Here I am Helen! Finally made it ... have been having withdrawals from blurfing ... so it is finally nice to take the time to do some! (Of course ... there are other things I SHOULD be doing!) Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my blog! I just adore this card. I wish I had room to bring my sewing machine to my craft desk ... but I have to be content with my stamps & inks when it comes to card making! Love the patchwork ... the sweet colours and all the pretty detail. Hugs xxaxx

Diane Barnes said...

Awww, so cute & pretty Helen. Such a great idea for a new mum.
Inky wishes, Di