Friday, May 6, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #68 - A Baby Card

Hello stampers, this week Keesh has a lovely pastel palette for you to work with:-


As soon as I saw these colours, I thought they would be perfect for a baby card for someone very special who is expecting!  :)  (Check out how fantastic a very pregnant Keesh looks here.)

Keesh has been a huge inspiration to many crafters & one of her signature techniques is stitching on cards.  I have done a bit of straight stitching before, but this time I rustled up the courage & went for the zigzag stitching & here is the result:-


I used the SU background stamp "Dot, Dot, Dot", which I stamped in the three colours & then punched out 1.1/4" squares which I stitched to the blue panel to form a "quilt".  This has been layered onto a pink mat & then onto a white scalloped square card which I die-cut on my Robo.

I fussy cut one of the elephants from the "Baby Steps" stamp, lifted it onto dimensionals & added a little heart to it's butt, as well as layering his/her dotty ear on a dimensional as well.


A tiny tag has been added to the organza ribbon to finish the card.  Hope Baby Byl likes his/her card!  :)

Make sure you check out all the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Team & we would love to have you play along:-
Inkspirations Challenges Site Makeesha Brandi Carrie Cindy Helen Ilina Kirsty Lee-Anne Marisa Renée

9 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

Awwww....this has me wanting to make a sweet little baby card Helen :) Keesh is going to LOVE this card, it's totally gorgeous. Love how you've popped the cute little elephant up on the coloured circles and woo hoo on the sewing!!
Hugs xx

Sandra said...

Very cute! I love you you have sewn the background squares together.

Christine Blain said...

Helen, this is totally adorable! I love how you've 'quilted' the dotty square panels - too cute. Love everything about this card, actually! Christine xx

Kim Singdahlsen said...

This is SO charming. I love the patchwork background with the soft and sweet colors. Perfect backdrop for the charming elephant!

Cindy Major said...

Those colours look awesome on a baby card! I love the polka dot patchwork background with the lovely stitching!

Have a great weekend!
Cindy :)

Marisa said...

Great baby card, Helen! Love the dots in the patch quilt BG and the ellie is adorable :) Lovely take on this week's colours.

Tammy Hanlon said...

Wow this is sooooo cute!! I love how you did the squares.
Tammy

Suzie said...

Oh Helen this card is beautiful...If you don't mind I will be casing this one for my cousins new baby...Thanks for the inspiration xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Soo Soo sweet! These colours are perfect for a baby card. And ... what a fun challenge this was! Sometimes Keesh's colour challenges are a little scary ... but I loved this one! Hugs xxaxx