Friday, January 28, 2011

Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #55 - Glittery 21!

Hithere, are you ready for another great challenge this week?  Here is the fun sketch that Keesh has for everyone to play with:-


 & here is what I have done with it:-


I have to 'fess up & say I have several jars of beautiful AED glitter!  Sadly, it hasn't been used much of late, so I thought I would pull it out & "BLING" up this twenty-first card.  

To make the glittery letters I stamped the letters onto "JAC" paper (a double sided adhesive that has a liner paper on either side).  I peeled the back liner off the JAC paper & stuck the group of letters onto some teal cardstock.  Then I did some more "crazy lady smokin' scissors stuff" & cut out out each individual letter using small sharp scissors & a scalpel.  I adhered each letter to the background panel & then peeled off each top liner & added the glitter, tapped off the excess & voila, gorgeous glittery letters!

Here's some step by step photos, with the an extra letter I made to go on a matching pillow box:-


& here is a close up so you can see the letters, stitching & embellie details:-


This was a fun idea to create & could be used for lots of different occasions that have 9 letters, ie., EIGHTEEN, CHRISTMAS, VALENTINE!  What else can you think of?

Please make sure you visit the rest of the team & check out their gorgeous creations:-
The Challenge Site
 


Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée









Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa
 

Card Components
Cardstock:  Taken with Teal, River Rock
Pattern Paper:  Kaiser Lacey Bay (Prairie Lane Collection)
Stamps:  SU Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Priceless & Jumbo Outline Alphabet (retired)
Inks:  Soft Suede, Versamark
Other:  Alison Ellis Design Peacock Green Glitter, JAC Paper, Organza Ribbon, Micro Stick On Rhinestones, Key Charm, Crystal Bead, Nylon Thread, Sewing Thread

13 comments:

Cindy Major said...

Wow, this looks awesome!!! Love the sparkly letters and the stitched blocks. What a cool concept! (And your stitching is SO straight!!)

Marisa said...

Loving all that sparkle and what a fun idea for all those squares! Love your take on this week's sketch :)

Carrie Gaskin said...

Oh that is so great! I absolutely love that you spelled something in those great squares. Now I'm dreaming of more 9 letter words!

Lynne Armstrong said...

CRAZY LADY!!!! You are my idol...fussy cutting queen :) This is a fantastic card Helen (but then ALL your cards are fantastic!) LOVE the perfectly cut sparkly letters, gorgeous ribbon, cute key charm and your beautifully stitched lines :)
Big hugs xx
PS The colour's' not too bad either bwaahaaahaaahaaa

Nikki said...

My gosh! that cutting must have taken ages and it's so perfect, love your card, it could be used with so many variations...hmmm you have me thinking now!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Just gorgeous Helen, I love the idea of using the squares for letters. You are one clever lady....amazing too doing all that cutting. I love the glitter, the colours are gorgeous. Hope you have a great week.

walchowDesign said...

Cool! I like the idea that you made the word 21 to fit onto this design - so creative and those blings blings are perfect too! Did you use a special program to fit all the photos onto one photo - the photo which you refer to as "step photos"?

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Helen! You must either have the patience of a saint ... or completely OCD!!!! But ... the results are definitely worth the effort ... this is stunning! Hugs xxaxx

Heather Pilz said...

I love this card. but now that I know it is glitter, I love it even more!

Heather Pilz
http://scrapingandstamping.blogspot.com

Beedubya said...

I adore this. So cool and sparkly! Bravo!

xo B.

MadonnaDunn said...

heehee love the crazy lady smokin' scissors!! Thanks for your lovely comment on my card too. Hubby loved it but did need that explanation! rofl. I have some JAC paper here...hmmmmn d'ya think it will go through the bigshot??? oooh I see endless possibilities!! Thanks!!

LeAnne said...

WOW! You have some crazy lady snippin' talent here, to cut out all those letters! This is one awesome card...makes me want to go sprinkle some glitter on something!

Christine Blain said...

Oh, I laughed, reading everyone's comments (that echoed my thoughts). Helen, you never cease to amaze me with your patience (I could NEVER be bothered doing all that cutting!), and your ability to think outside the square (no pun intended. This is such a beautiful card. I LOVE the ribbon, bow and key, and all the sparkle.